Things that are super useful for the first few months of birth

My first day of work.  So back to normalizing the routine to pump and work and go back and look after baby and all that.  Phew.  Tough.

Today I am gonna share the things that were very useful right from the start.  Some moms may not agree with me, but it's OK.

1.  Pureen baby jumpsuit with attached booties and mittens cuff
This was one of the best one-piece suit that is really easy to wear and you don't need to look for matching booties and mittens and wash those tiny stuff.  

Pureen has it and it's reasonably cheap.  Babyland in SS2 sells them.

2. Booties and mittens with fantastic elastic
If you can't buy the above or can't find, then go for really good elastic booties and mittens.  My baby is small and those tiny hands are too small for any mittens and same goes for the tiny feet.  

Buy those with elastic that are like an inch instead of those thread elastic.  These things keep coming off and it's quite annoying because baby keep scratching her face.  And baby's finger nails grows very fast and long.  

Baby Disney has good ones.  Those Made in China ones are the single thread elastic and sold for RM1 or something.  Really not worth it.  

3. BumGenius Organic Cotton Cloth Baby Wipes 
I bought this from US via Diapers.com.  Although it is quite pricey, it was really very useful.  I used it for basically everything.  At first, I bought it to use it to wipe baby's buttocks after poo poo.  But now I am using it to wipe baby's mouth after feeding, dry baby's buttock after wash, wash baby during bath, wipe my  boobs, wipes baby's vomit, spit, etc.

It's very easy to dry at the same time very absorbent.  

4. Freemie Breast Milk Collection Cups
These are really life saver.  Although I find the yield is lesser than with the breast shields, but it's the convenience that win everything.  You can pump your milk hands free.  So when you are hands free, you can do a lot.  At home, I used this so that I can carry baby on one hand and let her suckle the other breast while I pump the other.  I tried using the breast shields while tandem pumping and she keep on kicking the bottle, making it difficult to balance.

At work, I used it at my cubicle and none of my colleagues are aware of it, thanks to the low noise Lacte Duet double breast pump and the white noise surrounding my office.

While driving, I used it in the midst of traffic jams and help to save some time pumping.  Really very useful.

5. Autumnz Sleep Bra Eco Collection
I love these sleep bras.  They are so comfortable and especially good when you are engorged because of how stretchable the materials are.  Get the Eco collection as the bamboo material is so comfortable on the skin.

They are also very compatible when using with Freemie.  

They are so easy to pull down to breastfeed.

6. Autumnz Swaddle Wrap
OMG!  These are the best wrap ever.  I saw in Babyland and they cost like RM100++ for 3 wraps.  I got this for RM20 each and made of muslin cloth and super soft after you wash them few times.  

It's also easy to wrap baby with because of how thin the material is.  Baby also love this cloth because of how soft and smooth it is.

The designs are also very cute and beautiful.  These are a must and do get them.  You won't regret.


That's all for now.  I am super sleep deprived since back to work and missing my afternoon nap.  I will post more when I remember them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department