Planning for the 1st Birthday Party

Well, today my girl turned 10 months old and it's time to plan for her 1st birthday party.  My criteria for the party is very simple.  I am not inviting a lot of people.  Maybe about 25 adults and 15 kids.  I am not interested in any add-ons, i.e clown, photo booth, cotton candy, what not.  At first, was thinking to just do a simple celebration at home, with a few closed friends.  But after attended gatherings where children are involved, I can't imagine the mess and havoc they will create in our home.  Moreover, the party will be a week before CNY.  

So, I was thinking the best venue will be a place where children can play while the adults chit chat and the kids do no need close supervision.  So, am thinking of one of those play place at malls.  Am not going to share the prices here to respect them.  My budget is around RM1,500.  Here's a few that I have asked around.

This is the top on my list.  Mainly because it's very near to my home.  Secondly, after comparing the price with a few others, this is the most affordable one and with a wide variety of food selection.  The downside is probably that kids between 1-2 years old are also chargeable unlike the other places.  Email: party.atria@junglegym.my or call at +60 17 336 8433.  Entrance fee only applicable to kids.  Adults is free.  but the price for those between 1-2 years old and above 2 years old is different.

Second on my list is this place.  They have branches in other shopping malls as well.  I chose Paradigm Mall as it is the nearest to my home and I was split between Tropicana City Mall and Paradigm Mall.  But I like Paradigm Mall better than Tropicana City Mall.  I did heard and read some reviews that the food served is not that tasty.  Otherwise, this place is quite affordable and popular amongst parents for birthday parties.  Click here for prices.  You can bring your own cake but need to pay for 1 add-on.  Entrance fee is only for kids.  Adult is free.

This is not a playground place per se.  It's a cafe that happens to have a playhouse.  I read that the food is quite good.  The price is also quite affordable and within my budget.  Am thinking also since baby will be 1, she probably won't enjoy the playground places that much.  But the party is more for the kids i.e her friends, than for her.  So, if nothing works out, then I might just go for this.  If thinking about the price and the time, this is much better choice.

This place is over my budget.  The food charges are quite expensive.  So, definitely out of my pocket for now.

If you have adults who would like to join in the fun, this is the place to go.  The program is such that before the party, the kids and adults can jump on the trampoline for 1 hour.  Then proceed to the birthday party room for half and hour and that's it.  The cons for me were too many.  Over budget, children below 3 is not advisable to enter.  So, for those with young children, then you have to just watch and wait as you are not allowed to enter the birthday party room until the 1 hour usage of trampoline is up.  So, it's not baby-friendly to me.  Price is for both adults and kids above 3 years old.  Below 3 is free to enter but cannot use the facilities.

But if you are looking at having fun with your kids, then this is the place to let go.  Call them at 03-79691051 or email at info@jumpstreetasia.com

Am still waiting for their reply.  Guess they are too busy to answer email.  Will update once I get some reply.

Here are other places that offer birthday parties but way out of my budget and not suitable for younger babies.

For 3 hours, the whole party will be done by the KL Bird Park crew.  They even have a standard itinerary of the party.  So, you just sit back and relax.  

But since the price is inclusive for adults, it is way out of my budget.  Too expensive.

Party is for 3 -12 years old only.  So, out of my criteria already.  Again the price is for children and adults and is like a bomb to me.  So no go.

The package is inclusive of the entrance fee for the birthday girl/boy and 2 adults and 12 guests (only kids).  So, that means the birthday boy/girl's friend's parents cannot enter unless they buy the tickets separately.  So that makes birthday boy/girl parents as the guardian of all the kids.  Not cheap too.  Unless these are bigger kids, I don't think it's advisable to let the kids be on their own with only 2 guardian.  Unless I read it wrongly.

If you google, kid's birthday party Kuala Lumpur, you can find a list of places.  But some of it like cater for expatriate rather than locals.  I don't know.  I already have 5 to choose from.  Good enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department