What's Mother's Day like?

Well, I have to pester my husband to get me a gift, like shameless kind of pestering. 

Anyway, I have been so busy with work and baby, that I hardly have anytime to blog.  I just thought I will do this real quick.  There is this thing going around on Facebook for Mother's Day, about honouring Mother's Day and writing about my first baby, and I wrote it really short.  So, here's the long version.  Happy Mother's Day to all!  OK, belated, today it's already Teacher's Day.  Haha!

1. Epidural?  Yes. Didn't want to take it at first and I thought the normal pain killer would do, but heck, the pain is one of a kind.  After so many hours of contractions and having zero opening, I was already weak and tired and hardly ate!!!!  So, decided to go for epidural and never regretted!!!  God bless the person who invented epidural!

2. Father in the room? Yes, was on the phone with my mom when I was pushing and I had to tell him to get off the phone and come here now!!!!  I am glad that my husband is not the type who is afraid of blood.  He saw everything and was pretty cool about it.  He was almost given the chance to cut the umbilical cord, but because I was having post-partum haemorrhage, the ObGyn didn't give him the chance.  Anyway, his description of the beautiful umbilical cord was just this, "Like sausage."

3. Induced? Yes.  Already had bloody show and random contractions but no opening.  So no choice but to induced.  Some more already late.  But I guess and think back, maybe I can wait for another few more days, I don't know.  I feel induced baby is like forcing the baby to get out from my womb and in a way, not that gentle.  Like she didn't want to come out, but I am forcing it?  I just feel it might be a bit traumatic for her.

4. Know the sex beforehand? Yes.  I wanted to know.  I am not the type who wait and see whether boy or girl during labour.  Or the type who like this kind of surprises.  I want to be prepare before hand, like whether to buy dresses or more shorts?  And yes, all her clothes are in pink, since I knew the sex.  Haha!

5. Due Date?  Supposedly on 27 Jan 2016. 

6. On time delivery?  No, 1 day late.  I was waiting and waiting and was wondering when I was going to deliver.  So, nearer to the due date, I did some walking until out of breath, but still no sign of contractions.  Until the day when I was due, suddenly there was some bleeding, after some irregular contractions.  So, at 3am, rushed to the hospital.  Only to wait and wait and wait.  Continue in Note 13.

7. Morning sickness? Yes, only in the first trimester, thank God.  I have to take Maxalon, anti-nausea pill so that I could eat something.  Because I was vomiting a lot and hardly ate any food, no choice. 

8. Cravings?  I kept on telling people that I have no cravings, but thinking back, I always drank milk.  So much so that I put on so much that the Obgyn warned me of having a big baby.

9. Weight gained?  9kg.  And can't seem to lose them after delivery till now.

10. Sex of the baby? Girl 

11. Any complications? No, thank God and forever so grateful. 

12. Place you gave birth? SunMed

13. Hours in labor?  Hmm.... If count from bloody show until she is out, say about 30+ hours?  Let's count back.  I was admitted to the hospital at exactly 40 weeks due to bloody show and some irregular contractions at 3am on 27 Jan 2016.  And then waited and waited and waited for the cervix to open but no sign of it.  Stayed in the hospital to check my progress.  At 5pm, decided to induce.  At 10pm, was given a tablet to induce (forgot the name, Pitocin?).  On 28 Jan 2016, 5am, was given another tablet to induce.  Still no sign of it.  Contractions kept on coming stronger and stronger but still no opening.  So frustrated especially the midwife kept on doing the cervical check and that was one check, pain like crazy.  And she did so many times, sticking her hands into me.  Gosh.  At 7am, decided on epidural.  And at 9am the Obgyn manage to break the water bag.  At 12.30pm, Obgyn said it's time.  Well, baby's heartbeat was getting lower and my blood pressure was getting lower as well.  And found that cervix already 10cm.  So, let's do it.  Baby came out at 1.11pm.  So, how many hours altogether?  Wow, 34 hours!!!

14. Baby's weight? 2.99kg

15. Baby's Name? Baby A

16. How old is your baby today? 1 year and 3 months.
 

It has been one year of being a mother and I must say I enjoyed it very much.  I like baby's companion and I love to see her development.  She is growing so fast!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department