Review : KL Bird Park

Few weeks back, we visited the KL Bird Park.  The last time I entered the bird park was when I was in my teens and now entering as a mother. 

I brought the GB Pockit stroller along and I must say this is one place that is super stroller friendly.  So no worries of stairs and such. 

For more information about the admission fees and so on, please visit their website before going. 

It was my girl's and nephew's first bird park visit.  My girl was excited in the beginning, with birds roaming freely and peacocks greeting you from everywhere, and not behind cages.

Then at the convenience shop, we got ice creams and suddenly this peacock was so interested to eat it.  When I was getting the wet wipes out of my bag, this peacock pecked at her ice cream which she was holding in her hand while sitting on the stroller.  I was paranoid about bird flu and immediately gave the whole ice cream to it.  So I decided to buy another ice cream in a cup for my girl and while I was away, the same peacock decided to ask my girl for more and peck on her leg.  I believed it was a soft peck, but my girl was frightened by it and started screaming and holding her legs up.

After that, she refused to sit on the stroller and insist on being carried.  So poor me, have to carry her and walking around the bird park until I managed to convince her to sit on the stroller again.

I hope she is not scared and scarred by the peacock for life.

Overall, I think the bird park is a very nice place for the kids to go.  We went in the afternoon about 3pm, so it was very, very hot. 

Except the part where the peacock pecked at my girl in a friendly manner, I think she did enjoy the trip.  We didn't manage to visit everything and every bird, mainly because it was super hot and we were losing our minds in the heat and a fussy baby.

If you are thinking of a place to go during the weekends, instead of hitting the shopping malls, this is a good, educational place to go.  Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department