Happy Chinese New Year!

We survived 11 days of parenthood.  When they said, you will be sleep deprived, they were not joking. Sleep deprivation is real and can't be avoided.  And this is especially true for us who struggled to get baby back at the breasts.

It would have been easier if we have just given the breasts from Day 1 and not supplemented with any formula.  It was my biggest regret and something that I wished I can turn back time to rectify.  But I believed everything happened for a reason.  The lesson is never listen to anyone who tells you that you have no milk and that your baby is crying because she is hungry.  Even your husband needs to understand you.

After struggling for 9 days, trying to direct latch and still supplement with formula and paid consultancy to help me to get baby back at breasts, she managed to direct latch without supplementing, without lactation aid and was back at my breasts completely on Day 10.  We were so relieved.  I can stop pumping for now and just get her to direct latch and we get some sleep.  Lots of sleep for that matter.

I know many might say I am breastfeeding obsessed, but it has been my utmost desire to give the best for my girl.  I made a bad decision by giving formula.  Which thank God, got the problem solved.

I know by end of 1 month, eventually I have to go back to bottle feeding and pumping like mad.  I am praying hard that she would at least still accept my breasts and bottle at the same time.  At least I have a chance of letting her bond with me before the 1 month is up.

Yes, she has finally recognised that milk comes from me and now would want only me to pacify her and put her to sleep. No one else can keep her quiet.  Everyone else is baffled as to how clingy she is to me, but I just want to bond after 10 days of trying so hard.

Not a single day goes by that I don't worry about her.  And now she hasn't poop for 5 days.  But read it's quite normal.  

Here to wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department