My K obsession


When I was pregnant, I started watching Running Man, right from the very first episode.  And throughout pregnancy, I was watching Korean variety shows and Korean dramas.  After birth, I watched them while I am breastfeeding.  I watched so much Korean dramas that I think my girl would speak Korean before any other languages.

Korean variety shows and dramas are occupying most of my breastfeeding / pumping times at home.  In a way, this makes pumping more enjoyable.  Pumping can be such a dread sometimes.

Running Man - This I have been watching right from the very first episode to the current one.  I managed to finish all the backlogs when I was pregnant and took a break for few months before delivery because I couldn't stand the cheating and backstabbing that much.  Then right after birth, jumped straight in again.  It's so sad that Gary is going to be leaving and today is supposedly his last shooting with Running Man team.  Although I am not a fan of his, but I think the chemistry that brought together with the whole team will be lost when he leaves.  I like how he was when there was Monday Couple.  Unfortunately, lately I find that he is losing his interest in the games and the show.  Especially the one when he was making music as part of his mission.  He was so into it that I feel music is his core, not variety show.  Wish him all the best in the future.

Infinity Challenge - I didn't start right from the beginning but was watching here and there based on their projects.  I couldn't understand in the beginning because the projects are very much Korean based and the show is targeting Korean audience unlike Running Man.  But as I began to watch, I slowly began to like it very much.  I like the ex-members, like Noh Hong Chul (NHC) and Gil.  Don't like so much the newer ones like Kwang Hee.  I am still hoping Jung Hyeong Don would return one day.  Some times the project can be boring.  But sometimes it's so funny and interesting that I am so amaze at the effort they took to make it a success.  In a way, I feel IC is more meaningful compared to RM.  The project does bring some good.  Especially the latest one where they went to Russia to experience the zero gravity.  I like some of the big projects, like the music festival, the IC company, extreme part-time job and so on.  I feel I am beginning to like IC more than RM.  Because RM is quite repetitive.  

Knowing Brothers - This is the latest one that I have jumped on.  I like the interactions between the brothers.  Since this show is aired late at night, they have no qualms in discussing about smoking, drinking and even passing lewd remarks.  Some may find this to be boring because it's all talk and no action.  But the jokes are really good.  I like Lee Su Geun and his jokes.  He is really a pro.  I like him when he was in 1N2D.  

Happy Together - This is a talk show which I only started watching recently.  But I don't watch all episodes.  Only the ones where they have interesting guests.

Please Take Care of My Refrigerator - Sometimes when there is nothing to watch, then I would watch this.  I like the way the chefs cooked and the food presentation.  But it gets repetitive after some time.

I Can See Your Voice - This is also the latest that I have jumped on.  But lately, the subbers stopped subbing this, don't know why.  I watched for few episodes in Season 3.  It was interesting but I find it gets boring.  The reaction from Lee Sang Min especially is so OTT that I find it too unbearable sometimes.

Baek Jong Won Top 3 Chef King - Warning!  Do not watch this show on a hungry stomach.  You will regret it for sure.  I have so many times watched this at night and then suddenly hunger pangs started and have to eat a snack.  And certain times, the ramen looked so good that I have to make myself some.  It's a good show and I enjoyed it how they introduced Korean good.  The only thing is I wish the subbers would explained what it means because certain words they don't translate.  No idea what the food is until I Google.  

Talents for Sale - I was watching this when it first came out mainly because I like Kim Jong Kook and Noh Hong Chul.  The concept is not too bad but then it gets stale and boring.  And I feel some talents are wasted, like the one where Kim Jun Hyun cooked for few kids.  I don't see the meaning for this.  But lately, there are no new show and no subs.  Wondering if it has been cancel for good.

These are the shows that I have been watching recently.  And here are some that I watched only when there is absolutely nothing to watch.

1N2D - I used to watch this on Astro every Sunday.  I like the older casts like Kang Ho Dong, Kim C, Lee Su Geun, Lee Seung Gi, Eun Ji Won and MC Mong.  Then when one by one left, I don't like watching anymore as I feel I need to get to know the new casts all over again.  But I heard they get very good ratings nowadays.

Immortal Song - Maybe watch once in a blue moon.  Especially the ones with singers that I am familiar with.

I am so into Korean variety show and Korean drama that I don't watch any TVB dramas at all.  Ever since TVB losing its main actors and actresses slowly and the new dramas have the same old actors and actresses, I began to lose interest.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department