Year 2016 in review

Wow, today is baby's 11th month.  She finally can walk, though still not 100% stable and 2 tiny teeth are erupting on her lower jaw.  Yay!!!

Last year's review was nothing much to shout about.  The whole year was on pregnancy.

This year has been a very exciting year.  I am so excited that I am gonna do a monthly review.  As if.  Haha!

It's all about baby
I gave birth January.  From then on, our lives just revolves around baby.  Early in the year, there was a lot of challenge.  I guess it's because it's not easy to handle a tiny living being who is so dependent on us.  At first I thought I could handle it since I have dogs as pets from young.  But I was wrong.  Dead set wrong.  A baby is so different.

Breastfeeding was a challenge as I was struggling with low supply and it was difficult to keep up with baby's demand.  So we have to supplement with formula at times.  There were so many things that I was stubborn about before baby was born and insisted to do it my way, i.e no induce, no epidural, only natural and some pain killers, no disposable diaper, no formula, only cloth diaper and breast milk, but in the end, I have to break my stubbornness.  I ended up doing things that I didn't want to but in the end it's all the best for baby and me.

I am a pro-vaxxer, so every month I took leave to bring her to the Klinik Kesihatan and also Dr Koe, her pediatrician.

In July, when she hit 6 months, we started solid with her.  She loves to eat and I am so glad and so happy to see her eat.

When I finally got hold of being a full-time working mom and who is also pumping exclusively, I started to do something different.  I signed her up for swimming lessons for babies.

She started sitting up quite early and just started walking at 11 months.  But a bit slow in the teething department.  Just 2 erupting now at 11 months.

It was fun watching her grow.  Her first actions.  Her first reactions.  Her first movement.  Her first everything.  It was just so fun.

Although when I read back my previous posts, some has been quite depressing and a lot of complaints and ranting, baby does bring us lots of joy.  And my life has been filled with her cutesy and innocence ways and she taught me so much.  Every time I scolded her, she laughed.  Every time I beat her tiny hands, she would whacked me back.  I feel so blessed to be able to witness all these in this lifetime.

Enjoy while it last!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department