I just need to rant

So, it all started with this compulsory conference thingy that all the employees have to attend, full-day on a Saturday.  So, no choice, I have to tell my baby's swimming instructor that she can't make it for her Saturday swimming class because of this conference.  Her swimming class is such that either parent have to accompany her in the pool and I have been the one with her since her first lesson.  So, don't think anyone else knows how to hold her and so on.  And her dad works on weekends, so that's totally out.

The swimming instructor was nice enough to tell me to come the next day, Sunday as replacement.  It's considered as an advance class, so I don't really miss any lesson or being absent for any.  I was glad.  Unfortunately, after the swimming class, there was a whole string of activities for me and us.  I took her for a drive coz I needed to collect this coconut oil infused with curry leaves and fenugreek that I bought from one of the mommy.  The mommy who made this stay at a far place and so she got her friends to help with dispersing the goods.  So originally, I paid online without the handling fee and I was supposed to collect from her at a set date and time and place, so only 1 place, 1 date and 1 hour.  And then I couldn't collect the first time because of my baby's first swimming replacement class (we went outstation that weekend).  And because of that, the mommy kept on forgetting my order and I have to keep on pushing and pushing and reminding and reminding.  And then she said ok, I can collect from someone nearer to my place, (even that is not near, it took me 30 minutes to reach) and on top of that I have to pay a handling fee of RM3, which I find is ridiculous.  As it is, I have to self-collect and I have to pay extra?  Can't the mommy just deduct from the selling price and pay her handlers?  I don't know.  It already made me quite upset.

Anyway, I finally got the oil.  And after collecting the oil, we went back and she slept again and then evening we went out for our normal Saturday religious gathering.  

Come Sunday, we went for my music class in the morning and I rushed home to put her to sleep so that she can get ready for the swimming class.  Unfortunately, she was too exhausted and cried the whole way back home and then slept for 2 hours straight.  I didn't have the heart to wake up her for the class coz she looked so exhausted.  I didn't want to exhaust her further.

So, I messaged the instructor to ask if I can replace it next Sunday and she said no, unless I pay an extra pool fee.  Sigh.  

In the end, I am taking out my frustration at the conference that started all this out-of-schedule plans.  I don't understand the purpose of the conference.  To listen to someone bragging about their success?  How's that gonna inspire me to work better?  How's that gonna make the bosses be better bosses?  We don't even get replacement leave for attending it on a weekend and the worse was prior to this, we get freebies and free water.  Now, no more freebies and have to bring out own water?  I don't know.

If you read the above, you will see that everything is about money.  And yes, I am frustrated with the financial situation of our country that is affecting everyone of us.  And everyone is taking advantage of the end-user.  Which is incredibly hard on us.

I am trying to see all this in a different light, that there is a reason behind everything.  But right now, all I see is the frustration of not being able to spend time with my daughter on a Saturday.  But the Sunday will be completely free.  No replacement class.  No music class.  Nothing to collect.

Update:
After re-reading what I wrote above and taking few deep breaths, I have an inkling to all this that has happened.

My girl was not feeling too good after the Saturday swimming class as the water was too cold for her, unlike other times when the water temperature was more manageable.  She was not that keen to swim that day.  On top of that, she has suddenly been throwing tantrums for no reason.  Previously, when she is tired, she can sleep off on her own in the car seat.  But not anymore.  She cried the whole way back, that's whole 20 minutes of screaming and sobbing!

And as for the oil, there was a reason to delay using it.  Not sure why but it has a negative effect on me.  I felt very tired the next day.

So, everything that happened does have a reason.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department