Woohoo Waikiki

This has been my latest addiction.  I know some have commented that the jokes were too gross and all that. 

If you love Stephen Chow and all his movies, you will know that Woohoo Waikiki is a copycat of all his slapsticks.  Stephen Chow was the original and the one and only who can act out the comedy so grossly but in a funny way.  Just to name a few.  Say the nose digging part, the swallowing of the mucous, the toilet jokes and so on.  

Younger people, born in the 2000s probably don't know about him.  He was so famous in the late 90s and early 00s.  Even now, although he doesn't act anymore, his movies directed and produced by him still have his jokes.  Though when someone else said or do the same thing as he did in his movie, the expression and the sound is just not the same.  It's his tone, his facial expression, his overall body language, so far none of the comedians can act as well as him.  Yes, I am bias.

So when I first started Woohoo Waikiki, I find the slapsticks and jokes too familiar and reminded me of Stephen Chow.  Which is why I highly recommend this comedy.  

About the story line though, I find the bad luck part can be a bit too overwhelming though.  Like how can a person be so bad luck and not 1 person, the whole household of the Waikiki guesthouse.  That just doesn't make sense despite being really funny.  I mean, that guesthouse really need go through rounds of fortune changing, spray with holy water and use exorcism if needed.  

But overall, I am really enjoying it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department