My thoughts about some k-dramas

Currently, I am watching Black Knight and Hwayugi.  Ever since Just Between Lovers ended, I have decided not to add anymore k-dramas on my list until a very good one come along.  It's because I am quite regretful that I don't spend enough time with my girl and she has been pestering me to read to her while I was hooked on my phone.  Guilty!  Especially on Mondays because there is Hwayugi, Running M.a.n, Knowing Brothers, Yoon's Kitchen and Master Of The House all is watchable from Monday onwards only.  So I tried watching them when she is nursing to sleep or when I am on my way to and fro work in the LRT/BRT or driving back from work and stuck in the jam (yes, guilty of watching shows while driving, which is quite dangerous unless it is in a very slow moving traffic jam, but still totally not recommended).

Since I have been watching so much on my phone lately, I find that my eyesight is getting worse.  So at times, I tried to look far, especially when in the LRT/BRT, sometimes there are very nice views.  

Sorry, I digressed.  So, back to the topic, k-dramas.  

Black Knight
I need somewhere to vent/rant about this drama.  There were a lot of negative reviews about this drama and I kept looking for some positive ones, but looks like my feelings and thoughts are with the majority of the viewers. 

The Good
Let's talk about something positive first.  SSK is really pretty here.  I first saw her in Six Flying Dragons (though I couldn't complete the series).  The dresses, the coats, the clothes were all very stylish and beautiful.  I also like Sharon's Tailor's place, very authentic and clean and gives off a mysterious feeling.  The beginning of the drama where they filmed it in Slovenia was very beautiful as well.  I am not a fan of KRW but I find him very handsome, cool and romantic.

The Bad
Since we only have 2 more episodes left, I really wondered what the writers have for us in the last 2 episodes.  Because as of now, everything is so uncertain and draggy and gosh, the acting, the storyline...gosh!!!  I felt like giving up but at the same time since there's only 2 more episodes, I felt oblige to continue.  

SSK's acting is so.....amateurish.  I am sorry to say and I am sorry to critic but she doesn't gives off the feeling that she is in love with Moon Soo Ho, whom is her first love some more.  I find that Seo Ji-hye's character, Sharon, is much more in love with him and I am felt a little pity for her.  I read somewhere that SSK is trying to act cutesy which is what her character is about, but cutesy doesn't suit her at all.  She looked so awkward in front of MSH and when MSH was hospitalised, she wasn't even sad about it.  Maybe it's the editing or what.  It's just so weird.  Like when she found out Sharon is an immortal, she was not even that surprise and just walk away.  I have read that her acting in another drama prior to this was also as bad.  But since she is so pretty, I thought just give it a try.

And her father's death.  She knew something was weird about it.  But she does not query further?  Or is it just leaving it to the investigators?  And if there is concrete evidence that the villain, Park Chul-min had murdered him, why is he let off and continue hurting others?  I mean in that scene where the investigators were interrogating PCM and he denied it and then suddenly walked in that old man who was the witness at the scene of the crime and told the investigator everything?  And next scene, PCM is let off and meeting up with Sharon?  What?!

There are a lot more of this complicated story which I hope the last 2 episodes will shed some light.  Say, how did MSH's father died?  Who started the fire?  Maybe it was told somewhere in between the cat fights between Sharon and Hae-ra and I might have lost it, but who?  Was it Park Chul-min who started the fire?  Why is Park Chul-min so nasty to his only son?  What happened to the curator who gave the antiques to Baek-hee?  He obviously knew about her immortality too.  How come previously when Sharon drowned herself, she would come back in 50-60 years but this time within few days?  What was the explanation?  Why Moon Soo-ho suddenly became immortal?  Because of the ring which became the knife that almost killed him?  What happened to all the tattoos on Baek-hee and Sharon's body?  Supposed to wipe out after the wedding gown and coat were prepared right?  But why doesn't it come back when Sharon kept on harming Moon Soo-ho?

And this....this one I totally don't get it!!!!  I am so mad at the writers and directors and producers about this!!!  THIS!!!  Let me tell you what it is:

In Episode 17/18, Sharon stabbed Moon Soo-Ho at Sharon's Tailor there right?  So Moon Soo-Ho almost died there right?  She walked off, leaving him to die and she went to Baek-hee, feeling all withdrawn, unhappy and I don't know what's that feeling which I thought was regret, but apparently not.

So, when she found out he is going to live, she went to the hospital to kill him again!!??  Does that make sense?  If you regret your actions, then why do it again?  If you don't regret and was very determine to kill him, then why walk away and not wait until he died and dispose his body or something like that?  I just don't get this scene, no matter how I think about it.  

And this scene too, which doesn't make me that mad but still doesn't make sense.  The scene where Hae-ra's ex-boyfriend was exposed to be a spy and he went and told Park Gon about it and Park Gon instead gave information on where to find the man that his father had kept?   So that Moon Soo-ho will not take action or what not?  I am losing the plot or there is some lost in translation problem or what?

Oh and this one..where Moon Soo Ho suddenly became an immortal right, where everything is working so well for him, that green lights will light up for him only, but he can still get into a car accident?  If everything work so well for him, won't his car just wouldn't start that day?  Or his car doesn't fall into the ditch but come to a slow stop?  

Gosh... I don't know what to say.  I will see the last 2 episodes and see if I can keep my sanity.  If I see one more time of SSK's character, Hae-ra, trying to smile/laugh and then cover her mouth with her hand and then remove her hand and just purse her lips because she is shy or what not, I am going to give up all her dramas forever.  Maybe it's her character here because she wasn't like this in Six Flying Dragons (or is it because I didn't see the whole series?)  

OK enough of this....phew.  

Ranting ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department