I am amazed at mothers with many children

My little girl has reached the stage where she know what she likes and dislikes.  She was such a good eater and then suddenly, she rejected all the food.  I tried to incorporate some meat and protein into her diet, but I ended up eating it.  

Last weekend, I was cracking my head trying to find out what to cook for her.  I wanted to make her simple meals.  What's more disappointing is my mom accused me of not feeding her enough and therefore no poo poo for 2 days.  Sigh.

Anyway, the whole time I was researching on Google what meal to cook for her, I have neglected her.  In my quest to give her the best food, I forgo her company.  The whole weekend, I didn't play with her.  I didn't read to her.  I didn't teach her.  In fact, I didn't do anything with her.  

And I did made something for her and in the end she didn't eat a single piece.  Sigh.

And I was so exhausted, trying to cook, looking after her, nap with her, etc.  I really don't know how mothers with so many children cope.  

In fact, I have so many plans and so many things that I want to do with her when I am not at work.  I wanted to teach her about God.  I wanted to play with her.  Maybe a bit of flash cards.  Maybe even do some colouring.  OMG!  I had all the plans.  But ended up spending all the time trying to see what food to make for her.

I wanted to make a Quiet Book for her and that is not successful because she is so good with her fingers that I am not worried about her opening cupboards or zipper.  Now I want to teach her about shapes and colours.  She know few animals pretty well.  She knows how to talk a little.  Like Yes, No, Hello, Bye, Papa, Popo, Koko.  Still having trouble saying Mama, ended up either with Mi Mi Mi Mi or Papa.  

I did made her a magnet fishing game but that doesn't really teach her much.  

Past few days, she has been latching non-stop.  Not sure why.  I was thinking of weaning but still want to make my target of 2 years.  Getting a little tired of pumping.

And this is just 1 kid.  I feel she is growing up so fast.  Every single day she is learning a new thing.  And I don't want her to be left out.  Probably because I am kiasu.  I want to spend more time with her but same time I am so dead tired.  Amazing how mothers do this.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department