Busy Book Project - Completed!

It took me so long to finish this project and finally it's ready!!!  I was more excited than the recipient and I was so glad I had finally managed to finish something (cos I am known for my procrastination and lots of abandoned projects).  

I won't be sharing the whole book due to copyright (yeah right).  So here's some of it.

These 2 pages are counting and numbers.  The number was taken from a sticker book and I stuck it to a 50 cent size mounting board.  Since the sticker is from a reusable sticker book, the glue is not as good and it kept coming off.  The back of the mounting board is velcro.  So she is supposed to count the beads and then stick the numbers accordingly.  

I am quite satisfied with this page.  As you can see, the flower paper is actually from our praying wick that we put on oil and lit the wick.  I managed to get some flower shape one instead of the normal circle shaped.  I just took out the wick and coloured them with magic pen and then inserted the ribbon which is made of aluminium or some kind of soft steel.  

Underneath this is tiny sphere magnet bought from Daiso.  Just be careful because it can be choking hazard.  So I stuck it using silicon hot glue gun.  This page is where she is supposed to match the colours of the flower/ribbon according to the rainbow.

I am not quite satisfied with this page and my girl wasn't interested in this either.  The big button was good but the small ones were too difficult to put on, even for me.  It looks nice though.

The shapes were inserted with polyester toy stuffing that I got leftover from the soft blocks that I made earlier for my friends.  This is to make the shapes puffed up like a tiny pillow and stuck with velcro.

This page is a puzzle page and you can see the sign AUM.  After making it, I realised the sign is a bit too difficult for my girl to recognise.  Should have done something easier.  I might improvise something for her.  This is stuck on velcro.

I didn't have much time to make a complicated busy book, but this is good enough to keep her busy.  During this project, I realised that making a busy book is much more difficult than any other project that I have encountered.  This is because each page uses different material and the concept and ideas have to be ready before I can put my hand on anything.  Previously, my style was to just do something without planning.  But I can't do it with this project.  Hence the delay after delay.

There were some other nice pages that I have seen.  Like the washing machine, dressing up, or the face one.  All very good.  But my girl already know how to put the clothes into the real washing machine and take it out, she knows which dress is the best for her (and she has her favourites too) and she knows eyes, nose, ears, chin, mouth, etc, etc.  And she already know how to brush her teeth, she is too good at opening and closing zippers.  So I ran out of idea what to do with her.

Anyway, I have another few more pages left.  I might try something new or might just leave it as it is.  It has become really bulky due to other pages which I didn't show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department