Education

Today, my dad sent me to the LRT station and my nephew to his kindy, which is all the same way.  My girl woke up early today and decided to tag along and waved goodbye to my mom as the car reversed out from the porch.  When nearing my nephew's kindy, she spoke loudly, "Not this one!" and burst into tears.  

That's when we realised she thought she was going to school and when she realised she was not, she was disappointed and burst into tears.  Her first rejection in life.  

I guess she enjoyed the sessions in the pre-school and was hoping for more.  But mommy not willing to fork out RM1k per month for her to play.  I rather she play at home.  She might be bored because my nephew is not around for half a day and my girl just ended up watching cartoons and YouTube on TV on her own.

When she arrived home after dropping me off at the LRT station, still in tears and puffy eyes from crying, she told my mom, "Go school!!!!".  She was upset that she is not going to school at all.

It was too hilarious for me to watch.  I was laughing as I saw fat tears streaming her cheeks.  I didn't realise she likes school that much.

Well, in few weeks time, we will be going to a Sunday School and then in a few months time she will be turning 3.  Hopefully by that time she is toilet-trained and can go to some pre-school to have some fun.

Personally I feel 2 years old is too young to be indoctrinated.  But in Malaysia, the education standards are about the same.  Unless we join an international stream.  Malaysian education style is to spoon-feed the students.  To the extent these students cannot function at work without being told what to do.  

My nephew went to kindy when he turned 4.  He was a joyful child and has lots to talk about.  But upon entering kindy, he came home a changed person.  He became quieter, does not voice out his ideas and was conform to doing the same thing everyone is doing.  I am not sure if it is good or bad.  But I find that although he was smart, when he joined the kids the same age, he has to have the same level of intelligence as the rest.  He cannot outsmart the rest and he cannot stand out.  

Since I am not familiar with kindy's environment, I find that he has to conform to the normal standards and not allow to explore, which limits his mentality.  

Good that he learn to be discipline.  Bad is that he is being spoon-fed and expect to be spoon-fed.  And can't really function without being told what to do, which is sad.  

And this will go on to primary, secondary and college years.  

Unless we home-school or go to international schools, I guess this will prevail.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department