First postpartum period at 19 months old

Today I finally got my first postpartum period when baby is at 19 months.  I was enjoying the period-free days, from pregnancy until now, which means 2 years and 4 months of period free.  

I was getting worried about it not returning when baby turned 12 months old.  But I read that it really depends from woman to woman.  

When baby turned 1 years old, I started supplementing with fresh milk.  And lately, I find my milk has dwindled a lot that each pump is only 1 oz.  I am hesitating if I want to continue pumping but I would like to keep my milk until our China trip because I still want my boobies to comfort her in case she cries or get frustrated.  

At night she still nurses to sleep.  But if she is really hungry, I will ask her if she wants milk and if she says yes, I would bring her downstairs to get some fresh milk, straight from the fridge.

If she doesn't want, she will not say anything and will continue to nurse until she falls asleep.  So far, she has been sleeping through the night.  Perhaps sometimes will wake up at 5am to nurse for a bit and then back to sleep.

I am hoping she will self-wean without me having to take drastic measures.  But after our China trip. 

I am glad that my period has returned.  Perhaps time to try for a second child?  Hmmm... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department