Ketogenic Diet

I have been the 1% of women who put on massive weight while breastfeeding.  I know many women said they have lost all their pregnancy weight and became even thinner when they breastfeed but I wasn't one of them.  

Because I was having supply issues, I was constantly searching for my milk booster.  If anyone said they ate some cheese and boost their supply, I follow suit.  If they said they drank some milk shake with lots of cream and boost their supply, I go for it.  I tried all the fatty and creamy and cheesy and anything that says boost milk supply.  I am pretty sure I am not the only one, but I am probably the few that put on weight and never lost them.

After confinement, I was able to lost all my pregnancy weight.  I was happy and I thought that will stay and that I will lose more once I have establish breastfeeding.  That was fat hope and then I decided not to lose weight at all because if I eat lesser, my milk supply suffers.  I ate more than I should and was eating before bed and was eating ice cream every day, just to see if it boost my supply.

Unfortunately, none of the so-called milk boosters increases my supply.  So I kept on trying and trying until it was about time to wean my girl.  I wanted to breastfeed her until 2 years old but my milk was becoming lesser, my body was full of aches and pain, I was becoming fatter and more tired and lethargic, so when she was 18 months, I decided to stop pumping.  She still latches at night of whenever she wants to nap with me, but no more pumping.

I became overweight and no longer fit into my M blouses and dresses.  Instead, was wearing XL.  Gosh, 2 sizes increase.  I have a small feet, size 4 and so the additional weight put a lot of pressure on both my feet and I was constantly having feet pain, heel pain and I don't know just overall feet pain.  Sometimes so painful that I have to limp every morning upon getting up from bed.  Can't carry my girl and stand up because of the pain.  I was feeling tired all the time and feeling very lethargic.  I didn't have enough energy to play with my girl and totally no energy to go anywhere with her.  

And to add on, the sciatica nerve pain that I had during pregnancy was back and annoyed me even more.  And I fell down 6 months ago and it became worse.  Sigh.

So when a friend who had lost 30 over kgs within 6 months and was starting a keto program for whoever's interested, I jumped in immediately.  I wanted to get back my health.  I was too young to feel like this.  

So to cut the story short, I started the 6 week program and now on the 4th week mark, 22 days into the diet.

What I found about cooking keto:

1. Most of the ketogenic diet recipes found on the internet is catered for Western countries.
2. Some of the recipes posted online is really not tasty.
3. I enjoyed cooking keto very much.
4.  Cooking keto is simple and delicious!
5. I survived without rice and noodles and that's a feat being an Asian.

So, will be sharing some tried and tested recipes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department