Review : Coco the Movie

Recently I went to watch Coco the Movie with my colleagues.  I was tempted to bring my girl along, but after watching it, I think it won't be a good idea.

If you want to know the synopsis, read Wikipedia.  The main protagonist is a 12 year old boy by the name of Miguel.  Coco is his great-grandmother.  They are a Hispanic community and celebrates the Day of the Dead.  The story is about family love.

I won't talk about the story line here since you can read tonnes of reviews on this movie.  But I will share about the animations.  They are so beautiful and the colours were amazing!  I am not a hi-tech person here and I don't know how to compare with other animations (not that I have watch many), but apparently they used state-of-the-art technology to create and many hours of manpower was spent to make it come life.  

As for the story line, I like the movie.  It has a blend of comedy, drama, horror (if you view skeletons negatively like me) and slightly action-packed.  It brought me laughter and tears and I think kids who are older will enjoy this.

It's going off-screen very soon, say tomorrow??  So, if you want to watch it, better catch it quick.

Highly recommended.  But probably not suitable for kids below 2.  The skeletons makeup is a tiny bit scary, if you ask me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department