Is 2 years old too early for school?

Recently, I have been looking for class for my girl to join.  I am not sure if I am being a paranoid mom, but I would rather she do something beneficial than sitting at home and watching cartoons or YouTube the whole day.  As it is, on weekdays she is already doing this.  And to add on to weekends too is a bit too much, I feel.  Besides, lately she has learn a bad habit of lying down on the floor while watching TV.

Since I can't control much of her activity when I am working, I try my best to bring her out during the weekends.

Last weekend, we tried the free trial class at Kindermusik.  I don't think it's fair for me to give a review on this class as I attended one class only.  After the trial class, found out that the price is too much and I personally feel it's not worth it, though she enjoyed the class pretty much.  Again, I am not trying to brag about my own kid but I do find that she is way advance than most kids her age.  Even the teacher was impressed by her motor skills despite just join the class, while the rest of the kids still can't do what she can do and they have attended like 5-6 classes.  And on top of that, each kid was taught to collect instruments from the teacher and upon the session ended, the kid was supposed to return the instrument.  The other kids returned their own instrument.  My kid returned hers and on top of that went around the room to collect the other instruments from the other kids and returned to the teacher.  *Faint*

While I don't really like to compare other kids with mine, but I really can't help to notice the kids around her.  One kid in the class absolutely refused to do any activity, despite having both parents there.  Maybe it's her first class too, I don't know.  Another kid is like in his own world.  Another kid likes to be in the centre of attention.  While mine is absolutely following instructions and doing whatever the teacher orders.

And she seems to love school so much that I am now thinking hard if I should be signing her somewhere.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department