Recovering from HFMD

I am not sure what I had contracted but pretty sure it is adult version of HFMD.  I had never experience anything like it before.  The pain was immense.  I was on soft diet for a week.  And when recovering, if I ate anything sweet, my saliva glands will automatically produce saliva and that was painful.  It's crazy!

My mom had a conversation with a depressed aunty.  Now, this depressed aunty only want attention on herself and herself only.  She refused to listen to anyone else or hear any advice.  But she wants people to listen to her non-stop.  And whoever who listens to her will get depression too because it's just too negative.

So my mom being sympathetic, listened to that aunt.  As usual, she started telling how her life is now, pain everywhere, can't do this, can't go here, can't eat, blah blah blah...the list goes on.  My mom, in the event of trying to counter all this, told her that she was going through a bad time too.  With me and my girl sick, my mom was taking care of us, cooking for us and also going to work.  And at night, my girl went to sleep with her while I was recovering.

And guess what the aunty said?  She said, "Oh, then your antibody is not good, that's why you caught it from your daughter."  Because I was still recovering, those words made me so mad.  I reacted and replied, "Oh, then next time you try having it.  The pain is so immense and it is something I have never experience before."  She kept quiet and looked a bit shock that I spoke like that.

I don't care if I am rude.  I don't care if all you want is people to listen to you and don't bother to listen to others.  I don't care.  The pain was so bad that I can only say it is worse than labour.  Mainly because in labour, you can opt for pain killers.  This one, I couldn't go on pain killers and was just bearing the pain with each bite of food.  And the throat burns and stings and gosh, I don't know how to explain.  

So, how dare you say I don't have enough antibody?  Maybe you are right, I don't.  But wait till there is a virus or bacteria attack that none of your antibody can help you, no matter what you did or ate or what medication you took.

I am mad because I cannot keep going on feeling pity for her.  Because she doesn't want to help herself.  No one else can.  One negative person can bring down the whole village.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department