Paeds Clinic

Since Miss A's birth, we have gone to a few paeds around PJ.  Here's my feedback on them though they will remain anonymous unless you are really interested to know who they are, you can write your email in the comment section.

1. Dr. Nxxxxx in a hospital in PJ
Miss A's first paed.  He is good and very soft spoken to the kids.  Insurance claim also always 100% because the hospital is affiliated to my workplace. The reason why I don't go there anymore is because he doesn't have evening or weekend clinics.  And sometimes during a visit, it can be quite long as he needs to go for ward rounds or emergency surgery, etc.

2.  Dr. Kxx in a private clinic in KL
I love this paed the best.  Although the queue can be quite long, Dr Kxx is very patient and gave her best to the babies/child.  Especially if newborn, she will spend at least half an hour to measure and check them thoroughly.  Lots of parents like her too, which means you have to be there in the queue from 7.30am, although they open only at 8.30am.  When she gave injection, she would ask me to let my girl nurse while she jab her so that it is comforting and not too shocking.  I really like that style.  The reason why I don't go there anymore is because of the distance and also the queue.  I have to always take half day leave to see her as she doesn't have evening clinics and Saturday only half day and always, always full.

3. Dr. Kxxx in a private clinic in PJ
This doctor is an elderly doctor and he is also quite good with kids.  He has evening clinics on selected days and I think he doesn't have weekend clinics.  The only thing I am not too comfortable is the way he jabs my girl.  He would ask me to hold my girl's hands while his nurse hold my girls' legs while he jabs her.  My girl is always terrified of jabs because of this.  I like that he has evening clinics and the queue is relatively short.  Easier for me to bring my girl after working hours.  

4. Dr. Oxx in a private clinic in PJ
Recently I have been going to this clinic quite often as they have evening clinics and weekend clinics as well.  So, very convenient for working parents.  And it is very near to my home, so it's very convenient for emergency, etc.  However, I don't like the way she jab my girl at all.  It is worse than Dr. Kxxx.  She would hold my girl down with force on her own and jab her and I am just standing from afar watching this.  My girl was extremely terrified by this method and cried like crazy.  I know my girl can handle jabs as we did many jabs from the Klinik Kesihatan and their method is for me to hold my girl while the nurse jab her.  And most of the time she doesn't even cry.  But this is too much.

And my most recent episode at this clinic made me think twice about bringing her there again.  The doctor prescribed her with Colimix Syrup but the nurse who gave me the medicine gave me Antamin Syrup instead.  My girl went there for stomach flu and Colimix is supposed to remove the wind from her stomach but I gave her antihistamines instead.  I went back there the next day after spotted the mistake and instead of giving me an apology, they just gave me the correct medicine and was very defensive, telling me that the antihistamines doesn't really harm.  I will write a full post on this next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department