4oz!!!

OMG!!!  I must share this to remind myself this journey.  Yesterday, I did power pumping at 7pm and I got 4oz!!!  From birth until now, this is the highest yield.  In fact, I was rushing to pump because I was engorged!!!  It's the first time I get this amount and I was so over-the-top with joy.

For a mom like me who only get 1.5oz to 2oz per session, 4oz it's bonus.  I just need to produce 10.5oz for baby.  She is taking 3 feedings while I am at work and each at 3.5oz.  Yesterday, I can produce 8oz.  Not bad.  Hope can meet her demand sooner.

I don't know what was the milk booster.  Or whether the Motherlove More Milk Special Blend is working out.  Or whether the fenugreek water that I have been drinking twice a day.  Let's see what happened yesterday.

Pumping session
I woke up at 6am and fed her.  She is consistently on my boobs, so I am not sure if she is fed or not or just comfort nursing.  At 7am, I pumped for 15 minutes and got 1oz.

At work, I power pumped at 10am and 4pm.  At 1pm, I did a regular pump and added marmet.  I got 1.5oz for 10am and 1oz 4pm session.  For 1pm session, I got 1.5oz still.  All together, 4oz for the day's collection at work.

I find using Freemie, my yield is always lower than using the breast shield.  At work I used Freemie, while at home I used the shield.

Upon reaching home and found that baby just slept after she drank at 6pm, I quickly went and did a power pump at 7pm.  I added breast compression while pumping as well so that hard knot on my left boobs can be dissolved.  And lo and behold, I got 4oz one session.  What a delight!

Milk boosters?
As for food, for breakfast I had oats with red dates and goji berry.  Then for lunch, I had rice with chicken and sambal prawn.  After that I had young papaya with snow fungus dessert.  Then for snack, I had some oats cookies.  And that's it.  A colleague brought some durian dodol from Aceh and I ate a couple of it.

Supplement
As for supplement, I started drinking fenugreek water in the morning,  Fenugreek was soaked overnight.  I could smell maple syrup in my urine.  And since Saturday, I started on Motherlove More Milk Special Blend, 4 times a day.  I also took calcium and prenatals to get more nutrients.

So what actually worked and made me to have 4oz?  I really don't know.  After that session, I don't feel engorged anymore.  And my boobs felt soft throughout the night.  I hope it's not a one-time booster, instead hoping it's a permanent increase.  Let's see for today how it is.

Praying hard to achieve the 10.5oz per day.  I just want to be slightly oversupply for the little one.  Like 4oz per session would be good.  2oz from each boob.  I don't mind being pump today, finish tomorrow mom, or the just cukup makan mom.  Just hoping not undersupply.  

Will update tomorrow on today's status.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department