More breastfeeding woes

So, this week from Monday till yesterday, supply has been quite constant.  Averaging about 3oz each session.  On a good day, it's 4oz and that's max.  So far I have never seen anything past 4oz.

There was a slight increase from last week where I was still pumping 2.5oz max.  So I was happy.  Didn't take any extra booster.  Just continue with lots of water and eating normal.

Then yesterday, when I was trying to do the power pumping, baby kacau.  She wants to sleep.  The only way I can make her sleep is to put her at the breast.  And she drank more milk, after drinking from the bottle.  So, I didn't manage to pump much.  I was insanely tired too and just wanting to quickly finish pumping and go to bed.  The whole night, I let her latch.  

Unlike the previous nights, I gave her one last bottle at midnight or whatever time she wants to sleep and then she won't kacau.  I could pump and play with her etc.  Then she would only wake up at 6am.  Enough time for me to do another MTON power pumping.  I was happy, she was happy.

I notice a drop in supply in this morning's first office pump.  Does latching drop my supply because it gets signal of how much baby needs and not over?  I don't know.  I also don't feel my breast getting engorge or itchy or tingling.  Hope the lunch pump will have a better yield.  Am trying to drink lots of water now.

Also, I noticed if I clear my breast every 2 hours, the yield is better.  Say in 2 hours, I get 2oz.  In 4 hours, I get 3oz.  

I also suspect that my breast, despite big, has a low storage capacity.  Especially my left breast.  There's always this one stubborn duct that gets plugged often.  Only baby can clear it.  

Thank God it's Friday today.  I survived another week pumping away at work.  And manage to feed baby, pump-today-finish-tomorrow.  I was worried that I won't be able to feed her and have to use formula.  But we made it.  I have enough for 1 day but not enough for 2nd day.  

Tomorrow I will pump every 2 hours and do more power pump.  Just make sure baby has enough to eat.

Hopefully I can see an increase in yield soon.  Coz I heard at 12 weeks post partum is when the supply is established.  Hopefully not yet.  Please give me another month to establish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department