A sad day

Today I got the news that my ex-boss had passed away.  He was fighting with some auto-immune disease for many years.  He was not only an ex-boss, but also a friend and family.  A great man with a good heart.  A deep loss indeed.

I am greatly saddened by the news.  I was in shock because I just saw him 2 weeks ago, not 100% healthy, but was walking here and there, chatting, organising, eating, etc.

And today, he has gone forever.  My body is in shock and I hope it doesn't affect my breast milk supply as I am trying my best not to let this affect me.  I have no mood to work.

What I want to highlight is the sensitivity towards this whole issue.  When I told a person about this news,  she asked if he had AIDS?  Come on, auto-immune system is attacking his own body.  No one knows why or how it happened.  Not even the doctors.  They can only prescribed drugs to keep things in order.  It is not AIDS.  How can someone be so shallow?  I have know this man personally for more than 10 years.  I know his wife and son.  

Then another person said some religious things like when a person died, his soul leaves the body and the body acts like a shell, which I kinda agreed.  That person added, then why are you so sad about it?  OK, let me just explain this.

This ex-boss of mine was a very good man.  He had helped many people along the way.  He had always contributed in many ways.  In many, many ways, we are all so human.  We live, we died.  We have attachments.  We have emotions.  When someone we knew personally had left us forever, it is only reasonable to feel sad in the heart.  Especially this person we knew for so many years.  How can we not feel sad about it or affected by it?  

To a stranger, probably you can just walk off without any emotions.  But not to us.  Not to his wife or his son.  Nope.  

So to say things out of the blue like this, makes me upset.  If you don't know that person, you don't have to give an opinion.  

Worse still was when someone else asked me if the auto-immune disease was caused by taking too much supplements or what?  Because she is taking a lot of supplements and worried if it is affecting her.

Why are people so selfish?  Someone just left the world today.  Those that he left behind are saddened immensely by this as he had left suddenly.  Why can't people be more sensitive about the whole situation?

Ignorant fools.  That's all I can say about these people.  

Rest in peace Mr SP.  May you find peace in the embrace of God.  

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department