What's new?

Haven't been blogging for a bit.  Been busy and lazy at the same time.  My latest obsession in kdrama didn't help much with the blogging too.  I am just going to cramp everything into one post.

Separation Anxiety
Been taking baby out on my own to let her get to know new people.  She has been having separation anxiety and always sticking to me.  But it's good to know there's progress.  She screamed for 5 minutes and then would sleep off.  Still very wary of new people, even though they are mommy's friends.

Development Progress
She is good in crawling, though she is not one of those commando style ones that goes really fast.  She is taking her own sweet time to crawl to things that interest her.  Otherwise, she is happy to just sit and grab whatever is near.  Lately, she is learning to stand with no hands.  And she loves it when she manages to stand without holding anything or anyone holding her and she can stay standing for few seconds before plopping on her butt.  

She also sleep through the night now, which is a relief to us.  I love how she would like to plop herself on my stomach and lay there like a giant cushion.  Manja betul.

Many people are telling me that she will learn how to walk very soon.  Will be faster than others.  Probably by 9 months old.  Because she is now very busy standing and waiting to move her legs.  And not to mention, trying to climb the stairs as well.  

Baby, oh baby, why are you growing so fast?

Online shopping for baby and kids
I didn't know that the market for children's stuff is so wide.  Especially online shopping.  There's so many varieties.  Sippy cups, so many designs and colours.  And for mommies like me who can't go out window shopping, I go crazy looking at websites after websites.  And when it comes to kids, I am willing to buy anything that's good quality and sometimes I neglect to look at the prices.  My bad.

No wonder so many people are going into this genre/niche.  

So what's the latest thing that interested me?  That got me researching about it and reading reviews for days and days?

1. Car seat
From my last blog post, I still haven't decided which one I will buy.  You know, buying a car seat is an investment.  And because it's expensive, I feel I need to check and re-check and think and re-think.  I still have time as the current car seat is still usable until she is 1 year old.  That's like 3 more months to go.

Also, from my last blog post, I changed my mind several times.  And did more research.  Here's my findings.

Britax is very good quality car seat from US.  They have a high safety performance and long lasting.  They are however, very expensive due to the conversion rate.  And they don't have many varieties in Malaysia market.  And only few online shops sell them.  



This one is Britax Omega 2.  Surprisingly, I can't find any reviews in the US or UK about this car seat.  And in the Britax international website, I can't see this at all.  It's either taken out or not a new product or what not.  I don't know.

I like the green one and thinking to get this one.

But Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 has been on my attention everytime I googled, convertible car seat for small cars, it comes out.


The price is not that big difference.  But when I read the reviews in Baby Gear Lab, it's not favourable.  But then again, Baby Gear Lab's recommended car seats are not sold in Malaysia.  So, I am really torn.

Then there's this one that Cheesie has reviewed.  Chicco NextFit.



Now this one looks like some outer space seat.  It has very good reviews and price is also about the same.  It also said to fit in a small car nicely.  The latest version which is the zip version enables the cover to be easily removable.

The Malaysian brands are cheaper like My Dear and Koopers.  But I am not sure how it perform in a safety test.  So I guess, my research will continue until end of this year and wait for the sale.

2. Sippy cups
Did you know there are 3 types of sippy cups or learner cup?  There's the spout one, the straw one and the latest design is the 360 degree one.

The spout ones are good from 4 months onwards.  But the down side is prolong use will affect baby's orthodontic.  The straw ones are recommended for toddler 1 year and above.

Now, I received the 360 degree one as a gift.  When I tried it for my baby, I found that she doesn't know how to use it correctly.  She keep sticking her tongue out to lick.

If I want to be economical, I probably just get a stainless steel cup.  Maybe I will do just that instead of buying fancy sippy cups.  There are so many designs and brands out there, it's crazy!

3. Wrong vaccination given to a 6 month old baby
A 6 month old baby was given MMR injection at the Klinik Kesihatan instead of a Hep B, 3rd dose.  Initially the nurse who gave the injection denied it but later she admitted.  Sigh....this is like a nightmare come true.  I can understand the frustration of the parents.

Although paed says there are no danger or negative effects, but we will never know in the long run.  I pray for the baby to be ok as you can't reverse the injection that is given.

So, as parents, please double-check with the nurses before they give the injection.  Sometimes these nurses attend to too many babies and may have neglected their duties.

My girl is due for her MMR injection in 2 months time.  I am a bit worried about the effects, having read about autism and stuff that vaccines does.  I will just pray to God to take care of this bit which I can't do much.

4. Falling baby
Now that she is crawling and doesn't know how to get down from the bed, it makes me so worry when I co-sleep with her.  I tried to put her in the cot but she refuses and only want to sleep on the bed.  She likes it when someone sleeps with her and keep her company.  Her separation anxiety is making her very insecure.

She has already fell from the bed to the floor twice.  The most recent one was yesterday night.  It was already 1 am and I was dead tired.  Her father went down to wash her milk bottle after feeding her and told me to keep an eye on her.  I dozed off and she was venturing on her own and plopped, she fell on the floor.  Cried immensely and refused to suckle and gosh...I felt like a bad mommy at that moment.  I manage to pacify her, carry her and sayang her and she slept off.  I checked and found no injury, so that's good.  But I felt so bad, so much so that I couldn't sleep.  I was wide awake by then.

We already fool-proof manually by putting pillows around the bed.  But she is climbing over the pillows and pushing it down.  So, I taught her to get off the bed by using her legs first.  She doesn't catch on.

So, we have to either continue to keep an eye on her, with our eyes wide open or remove the bed and sleep on the mattress on the floor.

OK, that's all for now.  I will keep on researching on car seats, sippy cups and ways to keep her from falling.  Till then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department