Evil eye

Growing up in a Chinese culture, I have never heard about removing evil eye.  Until my Indian friends told me the reason why they put a black dot on baby's face and painted the eye brows with black kajol and put the eye liner for the baby was to avoid evil eye.  Which non-Indians would probably not know or do.

Without this belief of evil eye, I didn't apply black kajol for my girl or put a black dot on her face.  But when she kept on falling sick and my friends came to know about it, I was told to help her remove evil eye.

What is evil eye?  It is when others look at you with bad intentions, like jealousy or envy causing you harm indirectly, almost like a curse.  Or when someone kept on throwing praises at you and causes the negative to attract to you and give you lots of discomfort.  It's a kind of superstition and belief.

Now, since I was not brought up with this belief, I don't understand one thing.  Why would anyone feel jealous of a small baby?

Then I slowly began to understand.  When I was TTC-ing and I saw another pregnant woman, I felt so much of envy that how they can get pregnant easily and why can't I.  Indirectly I was giving the bad eye to the pregnant woman, without realising.  So, I can totally relate to this.

When it comes to children, I feel there are some people who can't help it but compare their own child with others.  Some child may be a bit slow due to whatever reason while some child are faster in development.  And I strongly believe that the parent do feel envy or jealousy of the other parent, whether you like it or not and would indirectly give a bad eye to the other child.

Our thoughts are not always pure and not always filled with good intentions.  How many of us, when met with bad drivers on the road, can't help but to swear at them and hope they have an accident, etc, etc?  That's bad intention out of anger.  We do things without realising that it does send some bad energy to another person, whether we like it or not.  As adult, we can counter these negative energy.  But children are defenseless.  

So I have removed all my girl's photos on Instagram and Facebook.  Just don't think I need to deal with bad energies on top of getting my girl on tip-top health.  Just sharing with people whom I believe do not have bad intentions on my girl.

Sekian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department