Virus and bacteria

I truly believe that one fine day, if the God and Goddesses are truly angry with human beings, for destroying ourselves, creating wars, fighting over land and killing each other, one day, the only thing that can wipe out human beings on this Earth, is virus.  So I truly believe if you anger the Divine, Divine can strike back and hard.  God created us, created Earth and land and sea and everything nature, but we are destroying it. Don't you think it's just fair for God to take back everything and start a massive destruction to end it all?  The only answer to that is a virus.  We already seen it happening in epidemics, where virus wiped out thousands of human beings in just days.

Whenever we are sick, the doctor only need to find out if it is a virus or a bacteria.  It is easier for bacteria infection, you just need antibiotics to clear it out.  But lately, and I overheard this from a nurse in one of my girl's paed clinic, that they no longer allowed to prescribe antibiotics freely.  Something about claims or research that antibiotics causes more harm than good.  So unless and until it is very serious, then only they will prescribe antibiotics.  Otherwise, you just need to wait it out.

But for virus, there is truly no cure.  Only symptomatic treatment for fever or runny nose or diarrhea or vomiting.  But it cannot kill the virus.  Scary isn't it?  We can only wait for 5-7 days.

Now, lately my girl has been falling sick quite often.  From the beginning of this year, every single month she has been falling sick.  In January and February, she had flu and runny nose and cough and cold, you know the whole works.  Then came March, she had HFMD and then mid April she had stomach flu and end of April she had Roseola.  All also with high fever and all also virus work.

I seldom inform my circle of friends whenever my girl is sick.  That's because I don't need the extra attention.  But when she was attacked by Roseola, one of my friend informed a lot of people and it went crazy.  People are now telling me, my girl's immunity is low, kept falling sick, need to boost her up, remove evil eye, etc, etc.  As a mom, I totally understand where are these people coming from.  I am aware and appreciate that they are concerned about my girl.

But how much can you fight a virus?  You can't.  You can only wait it out.  And from HFMD to Roseola, they are all different strains of virus.  That's my respond to them and I am not a medical doctor or a nurse.  I am just a mom.  Adding worries to my heart is not helping me at all.  Which mom is not worried about their child?  Telling me that my girl is weak, that I posted her photos on Facebook and attracted unnecessary attention, that people were of high praises of her and causing bad eye, is not helping me at all.

So, thank you very much for your concern.  I truly understand where you are coming from.  But it is not helping me.  Friends who tell me to relax and take care of myself, to give her probiotics, to have positive thoughts are better, I feel.  

When I attended a motivation course last year, the motivator said empathy doesn't mean to give advice.  Empathy means to be a good listener and listen to the problem and ask the question, what to you think you can do?  That is helpful.  Not giving me tons of advice and none of them help.

So, I am telling myself too, not to give advice freely.  But instead be a good listener and listen to their problem.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department