My daily life as a working mom

Since some mothers have started writing this, I thought I join the bandwagon as well.  Mine is probably a bit boring compared to others.  However, my schedule is currently not fix as baby has her own schedule and is all up-side-down for now.

6am - Wake up to pump.  If baby is awake, will direct latch her first, then pump.  Because usually, my supply during this time is the fullest and baby won't be able to finish.  If baby is still asleep, would do power pump for 1 hour.  The yield I get is about 6-7oz.

7am - Get ready for work.  Pour the milk into the bottles and store in fridge.  Pack my pump and parts and icebag and storage bottles into my work backpack.  Shower.  Bring baby down and hand it over to my mom for her morning bath.  Eat breakfast while she is in the bath tub with my mom.

Some days, she will be sleeping until 8am.  I would wake her up so that I can kiss her good bye and let her see me leaving for work.  

8am - Leave for work.

9am - First pumping session at work for 20 minutes.

12pm - Tapao lunch to eat at my cubicle.

1pm - Second pumping session at work for 1 hour (power pump).

5pm - Third pumping session at work for 20 minutes.

6pm - Leave for home.

7pm - Back home.  Have dinner.  Baby is usually awake at this time.  Even if she is sleeping, she kinda know that I am back and would wake up crying and want me to carry her.  This is the time my mom would also bath her.

8pm - My last pump for the day.  The rest will be direct latch.  After that shower, while husband plays with baby.  Then when I am done, husband would wash my pump parts and sterilize them while I look after baby and play with her.  Sometimes she would want to latch for a bit.  

10pm - 12am - Husband would then massage baby because she seems to behave better with him than me.  Then we will do footsoaking and meditate together.  By 12am we would all go to bed.  But I am trying to change our bedtime now.

This has been going well for couple of months until we started solid few days back.  I am not sure what's going on but her sleeping time is terbalik now.  She sleeps from 9am - 2pm.  And then would play and play and have very short naps, say 30 minutes, and then would continue playing and playing and looking at things.  This goes on until midnight.  And even past her bedtime.  And she would wake up at 2-3am and sit on the bed to play while both of us snoring away.

It's getting on my nerves now and I have to do something about it.  And I don't know how!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department