Never do this at home

This happened couple of weeks ago.  Remember I posted about a recurring milk blister on my right (.)(.)?  I have finally got rid of it on my own.  But I don't recommend it.

This is one of the breastfeeding horrors.  So, as usual, I tried to pick it using finger nails while in the shower.  After a few times, that stubborn blister still there.  So, I did it one more time, this time with force and I felt skin came out.  Delighted, I looked at my nips and found that it is bleeding.  OK, I thought to myself, perhaps now it is out.

I compressed my right boob to see if the duct is cleared.  Instead of milk squirting out, it was blood.  I thought to myself again, ok, so this is how pink milk came about.

I finished shower and dried myself.  My nips continue to bleed.  I thought to myself, oh, this is unusual.  Usually, it's just a single drop of blood.  Not this much.  I used a tissue to press on it to stop the bleeding.

I wore my pyjamas and my right boob stained it with blood.  Hmm, what's going on?  I continuously pressed on the nip to stop bleeding.

After some time, I tried to compress the breast and see if milk is coming out and again only saw blood.  Yikes!  Now it scares me.  The tissue is filled with blood and not 1 drop, perhaps a lot of blood.  And the bleeding doesn't seem to stop.  Something is not right.

It took half an hour of pressing the tissue on my nip to stop the bleeding.  Can't see the blister because it's all reddish now.  No more pain though.  Maybe it's gone.

Few weeks later, found that instead of picking the tiny skin that cover the blister, I picked the skin of my nip instead.  And since I yanked it out with force, it took some flesh with it and thus the bleeding.  Sorry to say, that wound now is a bigger hole.  Seems like the flesh doesn't grow back.

The hole kinda join to the milk duct that kept on having the blister.  So now, the duct is bigger.  And good news is no more blisters.  Bad news is no more flesh as well.

So, don't try this at home.  Not recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department