Everyday is a new day

Just when I thought things has gotten in place and system is working well, baby has started with a new thing yesterday night and now makes me scratch my head to think.

Although she has not started crawling, but if you put her on the bed on the stomach, she would push her legs to move forward.  And her head would be on the bed as she pushes, so her head like glides on the bed.

I have already put bolsters and pillows around the bed.  We co-sleep since she was born.  But after yesterday's night episode, it makes me think now how to keep her safe and not fall.  No incident yet, but better safe than sorry.

Our bed is a queen size bed.  Because it's so small (compared to king size), husband have to sleep on the floor.  On the bed is baby with me, 2 pillows upright for me to lean against, 1 pillow flat for me to sleep, maternity pillow (detachable) as safety rail on the right and a small pillow as safety rail on the left.  Both baby and I share a comforter, though most of the time she prefers without.  There's also a bath towel (kinda like my smelly pillow).  I used that to cover baby sometimes.  On top of that, my pump parts and pump will be on the bed as well for easy access.

Yesterday night, she decided to wake up at 2am for milk.  I kinda foresee this already as she slept at 10pm.  Usually she wakes up every 3-4 hours for milk.  And usually, she sleeps with us at midnight and wakes up like 4am.  Sometimes, she just cry but still in her sleep and I just need to latch her and she sleeps on.

But yesterday night, after milk at 2am, she decided to stay awake and talk.  My lil girl can be talkative at times.  I switched off the night light so that it's pitch dark.  Thought she would get the message to sleep.  Nope, she continued to talk.  Then she rolled onto her stomach and started pushing forward.  When she reached to the point of no return, she would cry and I have to re-position her again.

Then she did it again.  This time, I don't know how.  But one moment her head was next to my arm and next moment her head was next to my foot and she was still gliding.  Luckily I manage to catch her on time.

Then I have no choice but to hold her in my arms and let her to continuously latch to sleep.  After some time, she slept off but woke up sweating all over because it's too hot in my arms.  So now I have to find a way for both of us to get good night sleep and safe for her.

Should I try putting her in the cot?  She is too used to sleeping with me on the bed, she might cry.  But it's safer in the cot, I think.  I still latches her at night for comfort to sleep.  I just love how she wakes up and when she sees me and give me a big smile coz she knows I am with her.  If put her in the cot means I have to get up.  Means no sleep for me too.

OK, shall try something new tonight.  Let's hope it works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department