I read to my girl a horror story

Since my girl has started to understand better and have a little bit more patience in listening, I have started reading to her while pointing at the pictures on the book.  With the help of the i-pen that I bought, last night I read to her, The Little Red Riding Hood.  

When it came to the part that the wolf ate the grandma up, I told her the exact story, without twisting or turning the plot.  She has a shocked look on her face and kept on repeating, "Po po?  Po po?"

Whether she understand that the wolf is a bad guy and ate a poor old woman or not, I have no idea.  But I myself felt horror as I imagined it as one of the thriller movies.  

But the story is such that the wolf ate the grandma up whole and vomited her out whole when the hunter killed the wolf.  OK, so it's not reasonable but hey, it's a fairy tale.  

I am not sure if she got nightmare from the story or not, but there are more horror fairy tales and nursery rhymes to come.  Three blind mice who got their tails chopped off?  The old man who knocked his head and couldn't get up in the morning?  Humpty dumpty who fell and can't put back together?  

Oh well, this is reality I guess.  Teach them young, they said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department