Ice cream sticks puzzle

For our air travel, I researched for things or items to keep my girl busy during the 4 hour flight.  Eventually, I found this was the easiest to make and also handy to bring on the flight.


I bought the ice cream sticks from the stationery shop.  They didn't have the coloured ones, so I bought the natural ones and colour them later with a magic pen.


I got the free template here.  The difficult part was to ensure the template size fits into the 5 ice cream sticks.  I used Power Point for that. 

I coloured each sticks with magic pen, which took some time to do.  At first I coloured only 1 side and then found that it's not as good as both sides.  So, I did both.  You can buy ready-coloured ones instead.  Then I used a nail profile to polish the sides to make sure none of the wooden piece is coming out and sticking out to avoid cutting my girl's hands.  I polished until they were really smooth.  That took some time too.   Please, please wear a mask when you do this.  I didn't and I thought it's fine.  But it's not.  I ended up with sensitive runny nose because the dust went into my nostrils and suffered for days.

After that is done, use a cellophane tape to hold all 5 sticks together at the back.  Then turn to the front and paste the alphabet template.  Then when the glue is dry, use a penknife to separate the sticks.  Make sure the glue is 100% dry or else the paper will break. 

Then you are done!

I did from A to E only then realised I don't have time to finish the rest.  Now, going back to my Busy Book project.  Later on that.

As for the sticks, is it good enough to keep my girl occupied?  No.  She is too young for it.  In fact, she preferred to take out from the bag and put it back rather than solving the puzzle.  I find my 4 year old nephew more interested in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department