6 month old~~ Yay!!!

Baby reached 6 month milestone on 28 July, which is also my birthday.  I am so pleased and grateful and blessed to be a mother for 6 months now.  

Baby has started to grab things, crawl a little, coos a lot and loves her solid food.  So far I have given avocados and pears only.  But will venture into sweet potatoes, rice porridge and so on.  She is still being breastfed and I must say, I have finally, finally got the hang of breastfeeding.  What I wrote in the previous posts was still not there yet.  But now, I am confident.

So confident that we went on a short trip to Ipoh, 3 days, 2 nights.  And we survived.  I might write a separate post about this trip with baby.  It was overall very smooth and though a little tiring, but I had fun.  I enjoyed every moment with baby and love seeing her reaction.

As for me, I have lost the baby weight and gained them all again.  I am eating like a monster and I get hungry very fast.  I don't think I would go on a diet anytime soon.  Probably only when baby is weaned.

So what is it like to be a mother for 6 months?  In the first 2 months, it was really and truly challenging as everything is so new.  And I am the type who likes to do things in a system and was trying to find a system that works.  Sleep deprived, fight with husband, tired, exhausted, worried, the list goes on.  Now, I am a little bit more confident and getting the hang of things and enjoying every moment.

I still co-sleep with baby and let her latch to sleep.  Love seeing her satisfied look.  

I love to have baby seeing me as the last person before she sleeps and the first person when she wakes up.  I enjoyed having someone who craves and yearns for me.

Baby A is not like the cutest baby on earth.  But many people likes to touch her cheeks or her feet or her head.  I am not paranoid like some other moms.  But I still don't like it.  I mean, how clean are their hands?  Especially foreign workers.  No offence but I heard about them not washing hands after toilet business and handling food and causing food poisoning and salmonella or something like that.

OK, my husband just messaged me and told me that he has wasted 4oz of breast milk because he didn't tighten the bottle cap.  Hmmmh....despite having a baby and feeding her for the past 6 months, he still cannot get the hang of it and my oh my...it's breast milk for God's sake.

Calm down....my colleague assured me that tomorrow I will be able to make up the 4oz and maybe more.  Let's hope so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department