Food chart for 6 month old

I got the food chart from wholesomebabyfood.com.  Since baby falls in between the 4-6 months and 6-8 months category, I am gonna list those that is applicable to her, for now.

Fruits
Apples - I avoided this as it falls under BRAT, which causes constipation.  But I might try soon.
Avocados - Get the Australian ones.  It's better quality.
Apricots - It's difficult to get fresh ones in Malaysia.  I don't prefer the dried ones.
Bananas - Also same as apples.  Haven't tested yet.
Mango - I am not too sure why this falls under here.  My nephew is allergic to mangoes, so I am avoiding this one.
Nectarines - Not easy to find.
Peaches - The canned ones are easier to get, so go no for me.
Pears - Baby absolutely love this as it is sweet.
Plums - Not easy to find too and plums can be very sour.
Prunes - Only the ones in the tub, but haven't tried that yet.
Pumpkin - Yes, another food that is good together with porridge.

Vegetables
Beans (green) - I read that beans can cause colic and gas.  So, am trying to delay this as much.
Carrots - OK, someone told me carrots are high on nitrates and not good to feed baby below 1 year old as it may cause blue baby syndrome.  But on many websites, doctors said it's ok for 6 month old and above but not below.  So, am avoiding this too until further research is done.
Parsnips - Not sure what is this.  Haven't seen it around.
Peas - Also same as beans.  But I think I should try it somehow.
Sweet potato - Baby loves this.
Squash - Butternut - Do you know how expensive this vegetable is?  Because it's an imported vegetable and not locally grown.  Haven't tried it out yet as it is too expensive.
Zucchini - OK, also expensive, but not too bad.  Baby love this together with the sweet potato combo.

Meats and proteins
Chicken - I am not raising a vegetarian so have to start chicken soon.  Very soon.
Tofu - Heard that it's not so good to eat too much soy food.  Might try soon.

Grains
Barley - Gonna make her some barley water soon.
Oatmeal - Not tried yet
Rice - She loves it!

Every weekend, baby get a new food to try because that's the only time to be adventurous.  Let's see, coming weekend, I might try apples, bananas, beans, peas and tofu.  Besides, she will be turning 7 months on 28th.

So, let's try avocado + banana.  Apple + pear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department