Baby car seat

We have been using the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix infant car seat since birth.  This was a preloved seat and I am so glad I got it for free.

But as baby grows bigger, it's about time we start to invest for a convertible car seat.  I am looking at various brands, both local and international and comparing.  But so far, I haven't been window shopping long enough to see what's out there.  Only online window shopping.

My requirements are as follows:

1. Breathable material - Since baby is a heavy sweater, I mean she sweats a lot, it's only thinkable to keep her on breathable material, so that she can sit comfortably.  In her current car seat, she sweats so much, even when we put the air-cond on high and a portable battery operated small fan.

2. Doesn't exceed RM1,500 - That's the budget that I have allocated.

3. Soft and comfortable - Yes, comfort is the key.  I don't want her to scream throughout in her seat.

4. Light-weight - This is an important feature for me because sometimes my father like to drive my car and the car seat needs to be remove if more people sits inside.  So, it should be something that is easy to remove and light enough for me to carry.

5. Not too bulky - I have a small car.  Enough said.

6. Removable and washable covers - Yes, please.  Especially if baby wets or dirty it.

Initially, I was looking into ISOFIX features.  Then when I saw the car seat, I gave up.  It's heavy and bulky because of the ISOFIX base.  No doubt, this feature would be very good as you sure can't go wrong installing it.  I have trouble installing the Maxi-Cosi seat and sometimes I find it is loose and can move.  Doesn't look super safe to me.

Anyway, after I have done my research, I am down to these few seats.

1. Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 ~ RM1,700
This is slightly above my budget.  When I saw it and touched it, I immediately love the soft material.  I think baby would be very happy to be in it.  The only downside is, it is quite bulky.  It is said to be lightweight but still big, in my opinion.  And I can't imagine fitting it into my Myvi.

I love the additional feature of the side head protection and the material is so soft.  Also, it has the LATCH system, making it easier to be installed.

Oh and I found that the 2015 version has an easily removable cover compared to its predecessors.

2. Chicco Nextfit ~ RM1,500
This is within my budget.  But it still look bulky.  I haven't got my hands on a physical one though.  I might visit a Chicco shop these few days to find out.

The design looks like very hi-tech and modern.  There is a non-zip and a zip version.  The zip ones allows the covers to be easily removable, somewhat a complain from the non-zip ones that the covers are very difficult to be removed.

It also has LATCH system for easy installation.

3. Combi Coccoro ~ RM1,300
This too fit my budget nicely and after reading all the reviews, I am gearing towards this.  Firstly, it is small and compact.  Very suitable for my car.  Secondly, it is lightweight.  Excellent for me.

It also has the LATCH system, which makes it so much easier.  The down side is because of it's small size, children can only sit rear-facing until 2 years old instead of longer compared to the others.

Maybe it's just me but I like things compact and not bulky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department