KKIA

I wanted to post about making solid food for baby.  But so far, our solid food adventure has been quite boring.  Just avocado and pear.  I have blended organic rice and going to start making rice cereal for her, but I am so worried about constipation.  Besides, she just had her Hep B vaccination yesterday and going to have the pneumococcal this Thursday.  So, I don't want to aggravate her system too much.

Talking about aggravate her system, yesterday the visit to Klinik Kesihatan (KK) was a nightware.  Ok, I exaggerated.  We reached KK a little later than usual because we overslept.  At 8.30am, I got the number.  If follow the norm for the past 4 months, upon getting the number, we will be called in half hour.  But this time, it took them 1 hour.  

First call is to measure baby.  Then we have to wait for the second call to see the nurse.  Then only get the vaccination.  Usually, by 10.30am to 11.30am, we would be done.  Usually.

But yesterday, it was taking longer than expected.  On top of that, while waiting, husband broke baby's glass bottle to smithereens and we didn't have a spare bottle.  So, I was worried she would be cranky due to hunger.  Not that I cannot latch her, but to baby, latching is to sleep and comfort, not serious drinking.  OK, don't tell me that using BPA-free plastic drinking bottle is better.  I know that but still insist on glass because it's easier to clean.  Plastic have a lingering smell and I don't like that.

Anyway, when it was time we were called, about 12pm, I found that there were trainees from UiTM instead of the normal nurses and baby was the selected one for them to do their practical.  And as the trainer was telling the trainee what to do, how to ask the parent, and stuff like that, I am like hearing things twice.  Once by the trainer, another by the trainee.  And the trainee is like a parrot, just repeating whatever the trainer said.  No wonder it was taking longer than expected.

Then when it was time for the vaccination, I was hoping it's not done by the trainee.  But it was.  And baby was screaming so much more because the ordeal was longer.  Imagine this.  We were called in to wait by mistake of one of the trainee.  The poor trainee got scolded by the trainer and other nurses.  I sat there and kept on saying it's ok.  But baby was curious to her surrounding and I have to stop her from looking at the needles and what the nurses were doing.  When it was our turn, I was told how to hold baby.  And the trainer was holding baby down, together with me, hard, because baby was struggling to move.  So before she got jabbed, she already screamed.  So when she got jabbed, the trainer was telling the trainee, ok now you put the needle here, before you pull out, take the cotton wool, ok don't rush, and meantime baby is screaming away.  

Normally, it was very fast and baby only screamed during jab and then when it's over, she stopped.  This time she screamed and cry a bit longer.  Maybe that's why yesterday there were more babies crying than usual.

Thankfully we don't have to go back until baby is 9 months old.  

Don't get me wrong.  It's not like I am against these trainees.  I feel it's good practical experience and they should get hands-on practical experiences.  But it just takes too long.  I also noticed that not all babies are selected.  The newborn ones goes back to the experienced KKIA nurses.

First year would be like this lah.  Jab almost every month.  Second year would be better.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department