Handmade toys for kids

I always like to make toys for children.  Two years ago, I made alphabet blocks using felt and given as gift to my friends.  








Then I got more adventurous and did these set:








I told myself that when I have my own kid, I would make a set for him/her as well.  But now I no longer have interest to do this.  Maybe I feel so tired all the time and seek to do something that is easier.  Or just plain lazy.  Or I feel baby is not interested in this as I have already bought her a set of cloth flash card and she only wants to munch on it.

But recently, I have bump into quiet / busy books and I have started to create the first page.


And then yesterday, I found about amigurumi toys, which is crochet soft toys.  I have been wanting to buy her an elephant soft toy.  So have been looking around for organic cotton elephant soft toy or plush toy.  Yes, that specific.  And found none on any online shop in Malaysia.

Found it on Amazon and by the time I have converted it, the cost is like RM150+.  So not worth for a plush toy, I feel. 

So, finally, I thought this amigurumi toys would be a nice change.  So I bought cotton yarn and a needle and now gonna embark on this journey.  I have not crocheted for a long time and I am not sure if I can do this because I was not good at it last time so I quit.

I am also the type who can't stick to a project.  I get bored easily.  And would keep trying to do new things.

Like the quiet book project.  After buying all the materials, I found that it is quite tedious to do.  And besides, baby is probably too small to enjoy it now.  So I might take my own sweet time to finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department