Pregnancy Pillow

My blog has evolved from TTC to Pregnancy.  For those who are still trying, please have faith.  I know it's easier said than done (been there, done that), but it's true.  Try all avenues and what I find really works for me is to be stress-free.  Whether at home or at work, just be as stress-free as possible.  Sometimes the stress is caused by ourselves and our mind, not others.  Say, I know someone in our TTC forum and she is very affected by many of her relatives and she react big time.  And she has no qualms in airing all her family personal problems in the forum, with the hope that someone would reply and say, "Poor thing.  You must have a tough life."

The thing is, we can choose to be happy or sad, to be worry-less or worry-some.  We can't control what others think of us or what others feel.  But we can definitely control our own feelings and thoughts.  

Another colleague of mine who has been TTC-ing for a long time too and tried IVF and what-not, but still can't get pregnant.  She is always stressed at work because she bothers too much about others, in another words being a busybody all the time.  So much so that people keep on coming back to her and disturbing her and making her neglect her own work and duties and causing more stress as she can't meet the deadline.

Sometimes we have to be selfish.  We can't help everyone.  Sometimes people take advantage of our kindness.  I am not saying we should all be bad people, but know when and when not to help.

OK, back to pregnancy pillow.

Recently, I bought a pregnancy pillow from Lazada.  After doing my not-so-extensive survey in few shopping malls, found that Mothercare has maternity pillow which are rectangular and cost about RM200+.  Babyland too has the Theraline Maternity Pillow which is also RM200+.  There's another shop in Paradigm Mall called First Few Years and they have the Leachco brand of maternity pillow which is made in US and cost from RM300-500+.

Maternity pillow is not the same as nursing pillow although a maternity pillow can be used for nursing later but you can't use a nursing pillow as a maternity pillow.

So, finally I have decided to just buy online and found that Lazada actually sells this and they are made in China.  

After browsing a few designs and options and reading the reviews, I chose this one:

This one cost about RM180+ and the colour I wanted was purple.  

And then very fast, within few days of payment, this came:

Of course it's completely not the same as the one that I have ordered.  The colour is different, the design is different and I don't even get the free stuff mentioned.  

But I am not complaining.  The pink one is more expensive than the brown one and have more reviews.  I hesitated because of the price as it was stated at RM200+.  Imagine I paid RM160+ (after discount from Citibank voucher and I get the one worth RM200+ though sans free gift.

And I have not regretted this pillow at all.  Though the material is not 100% cotton, I covered it up with my sarongs and voila, slept like a baby.  It can be quite hot at night because of the material but once you use sarongs or bed sheet to wrap it up like a present, you will find it is much better.

The best part about this pillow is that it is detachable into 3 parts and the covers can be easily removed for washing.  The 'U' part can be use as a nursing pillow later.  It is not that bulky and can be easily kept in a bag.  

Oh wait, I just realised that I did receive the Free Gifts after all.  There was a pink small pillow-like thing and the bag that came with the pregnancy pillow.  Gosh, if you call that FREE.  It's a set for god's sake.

I am telling you, if you are pregnant, please invest in one.  You will feel the difference in your sleep routine and this is like the best thing invested.

Disclaimer:  This is not a paid advertisement by Lazada.  I am writing based on my own personal experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department