2 years old - In search of a kindy/nursery

Wow....my girl has just turned 2 years old.  And you know what, I started looking for places for her to learn to read and write and all that.  Call me kiasu if you wish, but certain kindergarten are already on waiting list for the 2019 intake.

My criteria is such that if it is near my house, then her grandparents can pick her up from school.  If it is near my work place, then she has to be there the whole day and I will pick her up from school after work.  Also, I am planning to send her to Chinese primary school.  And now she is speaking mainly English and little bit of Cantonese.  So Mandarin class is a must.  Also, the location must be quite near to either the house or my office.  Don't want to get into a jam while trying to send her to school.

A few phone calls here and there and here's what I found.

Peter & Jane
Pros
1. Nearest to our house.  Grandparents can pick her up from school.
2. Learning is made fun, Montessori style.
3. Accept 2.5-3 years old.

Cons
1. Super expensive at RM1xxx per month for 3-4 hours only.

RealKids 
Pros
1. Nearest to my workplace.
2. Tax deductible rebate for the extended hours from my employer.
3. Accept 3 years old.

Cons
1. Quite expensive at RM8xx per month until 3.30pm. 
2. My girl would need to stay in the school for extended hours until 6.30pm. 

Tadika Chim 
Pros
1. Nearest to my husband's workplace.
2. Good place to learn Mandarin.
3. Reasonably priced at RM5xx per month.
4. Have morning and afternoon session.

Cons
1. Heard there are lots of memorizing and homework.
2. Accept 3 years old provided they are toilet-trained.

The Little Tree House
Pros
1. In between my house and my husband's workplace.
2. Uniform looks beautiful.
3. Accept 2.5-3 years old.

Cons
1. Expensive too at RM1xxx per month. 
2. Located in a shopping mall, so no outdoor playground.

Eduwis
Pros
1. At RM4xx per month until 2pm.
2. Quite near to my house.
3. Accept 3 years old.

Cons
1. Management's English is quite poor.  
2. Doesn't follow public school holidays.

Tadika Little Bell
Pros
1. Near to my husband's workplace.
2. Reasonably priced at RM4xx per month.

Cons
1. Have not heard much about this place.

I am more into looking for a child enrichment centre for my girl to have some fun and play with children her age. But is 2 years old too young for that?  Should I try her out with music instead?

To be continue...

Comments

  1. can look into I CAN READ Malaysia, they have 3 centres in PJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can look into I CAN READ Malaysia, they have 3 centres in PJ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department