The Accidental Cake

I don't have photo for this one because I have completely forgotten to take a photo.  And the end product was a mess, so no photos at all.  But the taste was oh-so-yummy.  I took a small bite as I am still on my ketogenic diet and this cake is sweet because of honey.

What happened was I was trying to make cloud bread as sandwich for my lunch.  Unfortunately, when I tried to break the last egg, Egg No.4/4, I accidentally broke the yolk and it fell into my egg whites.  Although I managed to scoop out the yolk, some residue was in it.  I tried to beat the egg whites to stiff peak but it just won't do.  I wanted to fry them but it already has cream of tartar and I am not sure if the taste will be ok.  So, in order not to waste it, I manage to find a recipe that has all the ingredients at home.  I did modified it a bit.

I got the recipe from this Savory Lotus blog.  I am not going to post the ingredients and the method as I followed exactly from the blog, except I changed the vanilla extract to Pandan essence and added some pandan juice.  This also because I couldn't open the bottle of my vanilla essence and found the pandan essence next to it and ta da!  And instead of 3 eggs, I used 4 because of my failed cloud bread.

The taste was very yummy and everyone commented that it was a good cake.  Why the end product was a mess was because I couldn't find my cake pan and used the glass loaf pan instead and although I oiled the pan, the cake stuck at the bottom and since it was a soft cake, when I tried to bump it out, it broke.  So I have to cut it into pieces and yeah, there goes my delicious cake.  

Coconut milk and pandan are a match made in heaven. Seriously!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department