My obsession with K-dramas and K-variety shows

Motherhood aside.  I have been busy preparing for my girl's 2nd birthday.  No party this year.  Just having simple lunch with some of my closed friends and gift packs for my girl's friends.  Will talk about this later.

Lately, I have been hooked on K-dramas and K-variety shows.  These are the shows I have been watching lately:

Monday night:
- Hwayugi
- R.u.n.n.i.n.g Man
- Knowing Brothers
- All The Buttlers

Tuesday night
- Just Between Lovers

Wednesday night
- Just Between Lovers

Thursday night
- Black Knight

Friday night
- Black Knight

Saturday night
- Youn's Kitchen, Season 2

Sunday night
- Hwayugi

Let's talk about variety shows.  Of all the variety shows, I really love the ones produced and directed by PD Na Young Suk.  He is a genius.  All his productions are very successful and I think among all the other PDs, he is one of the best and well-known among fans.

I started with 1N2D and I like the concept very much.  That time it was Kang Ho Dong, Lee Seung Gi, MC Mong, Eun Ji Won, Lee Su Geun and Kim C.  I really enjoyed the rapport with this set of cast members, more than with the current members.

After PD Na left, the show was riddled with controversies because of the members.  Tax evasion, illegal gambling and avoidance of military enlistment.  So one by one of the members left.  After that I stopped watching completely and haven't restarted yet.  Just no interested because I am not into the current members.

I turned to Running M.a.n.  The reason I am spelling it like this because I would receive email from Google telling me of infringement rights.  It's the only brand/show that would get Google to send a loving email to me.  I started watching from Episode 1 up to current.  I like the rapport of the members.  I like the games and the laughter.  It was fun. And it's still fun though ratings are dropping and picked up and dropped again, I am still loyal to this show.  

Meantime, when the ratings dropped for the above show, I turned to Infinity Challenge.  I watched project by project basis and then I dropped it when they decided to have a long break and never picked it up since.  I enjoyed the rapport of the ex-members, Noh Hong Chul, Gil and Jeong Hyeong Don. Especially like Infinite Company.  But after they left, due drunk driving and anxiety disorder, I also stopped watching after few episodes with new members.  It's just not the same as before.

When Knowing Brothers came into the picture, I was hooked again because of the ex 1N2D members.  And the other members chemistry in this show really rocks.  Also lots of laughter and fun and the rapport with the guests in this show is really wonderful.  

Sorry, I digressed.  I wanted to talk about PD Na's shows.

The second PD Na show that I watched would be New Journey To The West.  But I stopped after that because I find the episodes too short and the loading took a long time.  That was Season 1.  But haven't picked up since then.

The third PD Na show that I watched and really loved was 3 Meals A Day - Seaside Range.  This is such a healing show although the whole show just showed how the 3 members gather their own ingredients to cook 3 meals a day, like fishing, milking, bartering with the villagers, farming, etc.  But I can't express what is it about this show that I find myself smiling to and feeling very contented and happy.  Truly a healing show.

Then it was Kang's Kitchen, which was a spin-off from New Journey To The West.  And this was another healing show for me and even seeing PD Na in the kitchen and his rapport with the cast, amazing!  I don't know why I enjoyed it although they were bickering away and struggling and so on.  But I like how they just got together and just do it because of PD Na's insane idea and it worked!  And they put in a lot of hard work into it.

Next was Youn's Kitchen.  I am still waiting for the subs for Season 1 to complete and luckily Astro has started Season 2, so I am watching from there.  This is such a beautiful show, from the food to the scenery.  The editing is superb. PD Na is truly an amazing PD.  I wished I could try out the food cooked by Chef Youn.  It looks so delicious and even westerners enjoyed it.  

OK that's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department