Good news!!!

I am so happy today that I feel the need to share this good news.  No, I am not pregnant again and not sure if I am planning to have a second one soon.

Let me share a bit of history first.  Back when I was 18 years old, I had my first surgery to remove a benign breast lump.  It was a huge one measuring 3cm x 5cm.  Since then, I have to follow-up with the GPs and insurance companies gave me a hard time on my premium because of this.  

One fine day in 2007, I went back to the GP that my parents used to bring me when I was a child and the first GP who confirmed the breast lump when I was 18.  She decided to do a random check on my breasts again and found more lumps.  Immediately referred me to see a radiologist to get it properly scanned and checked.  Found that there are new lumps and although they are all benign, it seems more lumps will grow.

What I was told is, I have lumpy breasts, meaning they are prone to breast lumps or fibroadenoma, which are caused by combination of hormones and breast tissues.  Of course, all the doctors concern are mainly if the lumps are malignant or cancerous?  So, from 2007, I have to go for half-yearly ultrasound to check if the lumps are moving or grown or the shape are weird.  

As per my understanding, benign breast lumps have a defined shape, doesn't move and might calcified over time.  Malignant ones have weird shape, move around and may or may not calcify?

Year 2014 was my last ultrasound visit since the radiologist no longer work on weekends and it was harder for me to go for a follow-up.  Then I got pregnant in 2015, delivered in 2016 and breastfed till now.

Today, after 4 years, I decided it was time to go back for a check.  Moreover, since pregnancy I have developed excess breast on my armpit.  As big as a golf ball on my left side.  So I thought, better get it check out.

And listen to this : I was informed by my radiologist that all the old lumps have shrunk and some are so small that they are almost blending into the breast tissues and no new ones found.  I was of course on top of the world and delighted and happy!!!  She informed me that this is credit to breastfeeding.

Breastfeeding was a tough journey for me but in the end it was just so worth it.  Imagine having these lumps since 18 years old and they either grew bigger or annoyingly just stayed there until calcification or they grew more and no sign of disappearing.  It was either to live with it or to remove it and removal was not recommended later because some are too close to the nipples and might affect breastfeeding.  This was before I got pregnant.

So, I am just so happy with this news after living with these lumps for so many years.  

BREASTFEEDING ROCKS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department