Being a woman and a mom

Did you read the news that recently Kim Kardashian who is currently pregnant with her second child lamented that being pregnant is 'disgusting' and 'worst experience' of her life?  I find some of the comments given by the public quite funny.  Like few of them said that she will feel better if she wears some maternity clothes, instead of those tight, not-so-modest clothes.  But seriously, I don't understand why she can loath pregnancy so much when she wanted to get pregnant in the first place and was struggling to get the second child and had to do some fertility treatment?  God gave you what you want and you complained about the side effects.  Oh well.

For me, I do have my complains as well.  The experience of being pregnant is completely new to me and so every changes in my body is new and somewhat uncomfortable.  I don't loath being pregnant.  Things I like about being pregnant is I can feel baby's movement and it makes me feel so real.  I get excuse to sleep more and rest more.  

Things that I feel uncomfortable about being pregnant and bear in mind, every pregnant women had different experience.  For me, sciatica nerves that came attacking suddenly.  But with exercise, that can be ease.  Carpal tunnel syndrome which was quite bad earlier in the pregnancy but now it's ok.  It's just my hands are swollen and so bending my fingers can be achy.  I also can't do any nimble work with my fingers because they are very careless now.   Unable to control my bladder and have to wear panty liner permanently.  It's not as bad though, for now.  Heard later in the pregnancy, I might have to go to the toilet like every few minutes.  Sleepless night due to sleeping position.  Sleeping on the left side is advisable but when you sleep on the left side the whole night, your arm and breasts can be painful.  Then of course, it's the final journey, the contractions, the delivery, the labour etc.

Being a mom is really not easy.  Sometimes I feel men have it really easy.  All they need to do is to contribute the sperm and then that's it.  

But then again, it's all these experiences that makes women a woman.  And then when baby is finally out, you will forget all about the discomfort and pain and all you have in your hands is your darling angel.  And you feel the blessing in the world.

I have often asked myself, how did my grandmothers did it?  Both maternal and paternal.  Both had 10 kids respectively.  I mean imagine this discomfort happening 10 times for over how many years.  And back in those days, where got antenatal care?  Where got ultrasound?  And all the babies came out strong and grew up well.  

That's the joy and blessing of being a woman.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department