The last week of the second trimester

Week 27 today.  So far so good.  Baby is kicking harder now.  Don't even want to think what will happen in the last trimester.

Swollen feet is a normal sight.  Knees are also aching due to the extra weight, I think.  Good that hubby is back and I get my regular massages.

Still wondering if I want to get a baby cot for the baby or not.  I do prefer to co-sleep as it is easier to breastfeed.  DH has decided to sleep on the floor during those times.  

Can't fit into most of my clothes now.  I think I should get another maternity blouse to last until delivery.  And nursing bras too.

What else?  Also wondering if I should get a breast pump now itself or wait until after delivery.  But I know I can't depend on others to get this for me, not even DH.  So, I probably will get one before delivery.

I am getting lots of pre-loved items.  Car seat, baby craddle, diaper changing table, stroller, lots of clothes.  I probably need to get more cloth diapers, the reusable ones also, glass milk bottles, breast pads, etc.

I have also sign up for a breastfeeding session for 2 hours this coming 7 November at Sunway Medical Centre.  It is organised by My Nutri Baby.  Do check out the website.  Lots of info on breastfeeding.

When is the best time to go shopping?  There's a baby fair on 21-22 Nov at Mid-Valley, but I don't like crowds, so probably I would avoid it.  

My room is still not ready for baby.  Need to buy containers to put all the baby's clothes, I think.

Yesterday, I found out that DH and I have different opinions on raising a kid.  I thought I was the stricter one, but apparently, DH is the stricter one.  Sigh.  He treats children like adults and would give long explanation to them.  To me, we have to be gentle and talk to them like how they talk to us, innocently.  But not DH's opinion.  He feels children should be disciplined and he will whacked them (his naughty nephews) if they are very naughty.  

I don't want to brag or what.  But from young, I have this bond with children.  They all love me.  Quite recently, a cousin's baby girl who is very fussy and only wants her mom, suddenly communicate with me.  My cousin was shocked and said I have baby's luck, meaning can communicate with babies.  I guess that's a blessing.

So, with my nephew, I knew what he wants and why he behave a certain way.  I just knew it in my heart.  But not everyone else does.  And definitely not DH.

Before going to bed last night, I told DH, I hope we will have the same treatment on bringing up our kid.  Oh well, it's gonna be a long journey.  I hope he is not too strict on our daughter until it turns her off and to be fair to my nephew as well as he will no longer be the youngest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department