Week 25 check-up

I just came back from my check-up with Dr Jason Lim.  This time, I got nagged by him because I have put on 3kg within a month's time.  To me, I am very ignorant on how much weight I should put on but to him, he is extremely concern that I might have gestational diabetes because of my family history.  He said that reason he nagged me was because gestational diabetes is dangerous for baby, which I am aware of.

I wasn't eating much.  Even rice I don't eat a lot.  But the culprit, I believe was Fresh Milk.  I drank a lot because that's the only thing that I crave throughout this pregnancy.  I told him I thought I needed the calcium and he told me to just eat calcium supplement instead.

Baby size is 800g and I am not sure if baby is too big or too small or normal.  I forgot to ask.  

I also got a tetanus jab which is a routine jab recommended by Ministry of Health Malaysia.  During the jab, I spoke to the nurse and she said all Dr Jason's patients get very worried at the weighing scale.  OK, now I know why my colleague who was also Dr Jason's patient was so careful with her diet during two of her pregnancy.

From pre-pregnancy till now, I have put on about 6kg.  Again, I am not sure if this is too much or too little.  Some told me they put on 10kg.  Some 15.  But Dr Jason is very concern about my weight gain that he ordered me to take the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) test in a week's time.  Pray hard that I don't have gestational diabetes.  I am still aiming for natural birth.

So now I have to look after my diet.  I can't eat a lot of fatty stuff.  No more milk for me.  Sigh....

Baby, no more milk for you for now.  

This is what Baby Centre estimated for me:


During this pregnancy, you're expected to gain:

11.3-15.9 kg (1 st 11 lb - 2 st 7 lb)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department