Government or private?

Recently upon hearing that caesar in Sunway Medical could come up to RM13k with GST and a colleague who just gave birth via caesar at University Malaya Medical Centre and paid about RM1k for the whole thing, it makes me start to wonder.

Some bloggers who had a premature baby for the first pregnancy also said that the cost of NICU at private hospital is a bomb.  And some would rather register in Government clinics because cost is lesser and better equipment too.  

For me, I really, really don't know.  I am so comfortable with Dr Jason now that I feel reluctant to change but at the same time, I am worried about the rising costs.

Yes, we did set aside the cost for baby and all and my biggest wish is to have a natural birth, not because I want to save money but because I want to really experience what it's like to give birth naturally.  Of course, natural delivery will be much cheaper compared to caesar.

But then again, so many things are unpredictable and every single day, I am just crossing my fingers hopefully my baby stays inside my womb until the time to come out and easy delivery, i.e cervix opens faster, etc.

I have heard many stories.  Some said they wanted natural delivery but because the cervix could not open fast enough and water already broke, so no choice but to caesar.  Some is because baby's position is not favourable for natural delivery.  Some had premature babies and so have to caesar.

Then there's also taboo which I don't feel like talking about but have to acknowledge.  Like if the mother is a diabetic and baby is too big, again caesar.  Or like one blogger who had preeclampsia and no choice but to caesar to take the baby out.

Of course there are also some gynaes who prefer to caesar rather than natural birth because with caesar, you can plan the time.  No need to come in the middle of the night to deliver a baby.  And some women who are so afraid of pain that they rather caesar and get it done with.

So, should I just go to a Government clinic and get a 'buku merah'?  I am still pondering.  The nearest Government hospital is UMMC for me and it's actually quite far from my work place but nearer to my home.  And I heard if I want to get it done, I should do it before the 8th month.  After that they are not accepting.

What are the pros and cons of Government clinic vs private clinics?  It's all here from Baby Center Malaysia.

Comments

  1. If you go to UMMC could you let me know the procedures, delivery fees and the doctor? or you can email it to me at misspixie777@gmail.com Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am sticking to private hospital for this baby. Sorry, can't give you much info on UMMC.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department