Bras during pregnancy

Disclaimer:  This is entirely based on my experience and may or may not be useful to you.

Today I would like to share my experience on bras during pregnancy.  Since this is my first pregnancy, I have no idea what kind of bra I should buy.  

When I was in my first trimester, I already grew out from my normal bras.  But before that, just a little history about my bras and boobs.

I have big boobs for a petite person.  I have been searching for a comfortable bra for years and finally settled with Wacoal.  Since my assets were bigger, I have to use underwire bras for support.  Before pregnancy, my bra size was 34D.  I also prefer bras with padding (not thick ones) because my nipples are also bigger.  Everytime I feel cold, my nipples would show and I really dislike that.  And because my cups were bigger, I can't wear like quarter cup or half cup.  It has to be full cup.  Otherwise, the breast will pop out.  So, sexy bras with lace and stuff is totally out of the picture and I would wear old ladies bra, like those for big, saggy breasts.

So when I got pregnant and outgrew my bras, I have to search for a new bra.  I was thinking, I need a bra that can last me throughout the pregnancy, thinking to save some cost.  I went back to Wacoal and was told that they don't carry maternity bras or nursing bras.  The saleslady was very kind and measured me and introduced some bras to me.  She told me never to wear nursing bras during pregnancy because our breasts would grow a lot more and it will sag.  And she told me to take her advice because she had 4 kids and she too had big breasts.  So, I took her advice and bought 2 normal underwire bras at 36D.  She said, I only need the bra extension when I get any bigger and those 2 bras should last me till the end of pregnancy.  

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have extra breast tissues in my armpit which are also sore when it comes to period.  The saleslady told me to get those good underwire bras and bigger cups and taught me how to tug those extra flesh under the bra.  It doesn't work during pregnancy because it's sore to the max.

Before I got to Wacoal, I also bought 3 nursing bras.  2 with no padding and 1 with padding.  All 3 without underwire.  

By week 22, I felt my bras were already too tight and bra extension was needed.  I measured at about 40C/D now.  However, yesterday, at week 25, I was wearing the normal underwire Wacoal bra with bra extension and I felt very uncomfortable after food.  I thought to myself that it's just the indigestion again and so I was lying down on my side to rest.  After about half an hour, I got up and it's time for shower.  I took everything off and suddenly, the food came out to my throat and I knew it, I had to puke.  And off I went, puking all my dinner.

I came to the conclusion that my underwire bra was too tight for me and was kinda causing the indigestion.  

So, bad move to listen to the saleslady and bad choice to buy the underwire bra for pregnancy.  But come to think of it, I can use after pregnancy.

When I checked with my other colleagues who had kids, they advised me to wear nursing bra from now.  One colleague also told me to get a sleeping bra.

Talking about sleeping bra, my boobs are extremely sore by now.  Sleeping on the left side makes the left boob even more sore.  At night I have to massage them to get rid of the soreness.  So, if sleeping bra can make it more comfortable, I am all for it.  In fact, I bought 2 online and should be receiving them quite soon.

So, get a very good nursing bra, not necessary expensive.  Don't wear underwire bras.  You would probably need to buy new bras when you reach the third trimester.  So, no one bra can last the whole pregnancy.

It also depends on how much weigh you put on during pregnancy which can vary from individual to individual.  

As for me, my boobs weigh like a tonne now.  So much so sometimes I feel it is just suffocating me as they rest on my chest, like preventing my lungs from breathing properly.  

So, please get good bras.  Don't worry about sagging and all.  That's gonna happen anyway.  Think about comfort rather than beauty.  That's just my 2 cents.  You may think otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department