I am not a superwoman

So, when my husband decided to go back to his hometown overseas for a month to sort out some family matters, I told him I will be ok because I am still in my second trimester.  I told him to go before I get any bigger and before the third trimester.

He has gone for a week and here I am suffering and missing him tremendously.  There's something about being pregnant and not having your husband around.  I am not sure if everyone feels the same.  Or maybe he was pampering me too much when he was around, like I get daily massages for my feet and wherever that is aching and he did everything, all the chores around the house.

The first few days I was pretty fine with it.  I even told him that I am having the whole bed to myself and I can toss and turn anywhere I like without him there.  I also did some cleaning and washed the toilet.  I told myself, yes, it's a piece of cake even with my swollen and careless fingers.

A week passed and then it hit me.  I missed him not sleeping beside me.  I missed him not being there when I vomited all my dinner out and have to drag myself downstairs and make myself a small meal before bed.  And then having to wake up at 3.30am feeling extremely hungry and have to heat up some leftovers to eat.  

And on top of that, I had a cold and it's not helping me at all that I am tired, weak and can't sleep at night due to the blocked nose.  In fact, I can't even toss and turn that much now.  I find that if I sleep on my back entirely, I can't breath properly, like a big rock sitting on my stomach, suffocating me.  So no choice, but back to left side sleeping.

And what about the cramps that I had at night?  I have to wake myself up and massage my leg????  And that night the weather was too cold and I slept with air-cond on and no one was there to adjust the temperature for me and ended up with a cold?  I had this weird body temperature thing that I can go suddenly freezing mode and no comforter can warm me enough until I need my husband to hold me tight and give me his body warmth.  It has happened twice during this pregnancy.

I need him around more and more and it's another 2 more weeks to go.  It's already driving me crazy. 

I have to walk my dog everyday also because he was the one doing it.  Luckily my dog understands my condition and he doesn't pull me much compared to him.

In the end, I realised, being pregnant need all the help in the world.  I am not a superwoman.  I tried to be strong for baby but there is a limit to how much I can do some things.  I get backaches when I bend too much washing toilet or cleaning the floor.

I know I sound like I am complaining a lot.  People would say how about olden times, those ladies even worked in the field and still manage to have a healthy baby and stuff like that.  

I don't know how it works then.  But right now, having to drive myself to work and back, sit in the office most of the time, come back and do chores, it's taking up too much of my energy.

Well, all pregnancy ladies need pampering.  So husbands, if you are reading, please go and pamper your wife.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department