Please listen to this - Ramin Karimloo - Till I Hear You Sing


You have to listen to this.  For those who are not familiar, the singer is Ramin Karimloo, an Iranian who had migrated to Canada but now living in UK with his British wife and 2 sons.  He was selected to be the Phantom in the musical, Love Never Dies by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Love Never Dies is kinda like Part 2 of The Phantom of the Opera.  It was not as successful as the predecessor and the show has been stopped.

The thing is, I have heard this song many, many times.  I love the tune and the lyrics.  It's very touching at the same time very impressive song.  But Ramin has brought it to a whole different level.

I have heard it sung by other Phantoms.  But none as good as him.  And the weirdest part is, I have heard Ramin singing the same song while in the musical, I have also heard him singing in other venues, but, none as good as this one that was performed in the Olivier Awards.  

You can feel every feelings, the sadness, the hatred, the anger, the hopes, the love, all in one song.  And he expressed it so well that at certain verses where he expresses his longing, you can feel it in his voice or when he expresses his anger, again you can hear his angst.  OMG!  I really don't know what to say but he is really, really good.  Here are the lyrics.  He is truly amazing!

I always feel very touched and a sense of love in me when I hear this.  Maybe it's just me but he is truly, truly one very good singer.  And Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, truly a genius.  All the songs he wrote is amazing.  Beautifully amazing.  Please close your eyes and listen to the crescendo part towards the end of the song.  I felt I was in cloud 9.

LYRICS
Ten long years
Living a mere facade of life
Ten long years
Wasting my time on smoke and noise
In my mind
I hear melodies pure and unearthly
But I find
I can't give them a voice without you

My Christine, my Christine
Lost and gone, lost and gone
The day starts
The day ends
Time crawls by
Night steals in pacing the floor
The moments creep
Yet I can't bear to sleep
'Til I hear you sing

And weeks pass
And months pass
Seasons fly
Still you don't walk through my door
And in a haze
I count the silent days
'Til I hear you sing once more

And sometimes at night time
I dream that you are there
But wake holding nothing
But the empty air
And years come
And years go
Time runs dry
Still I ache down to the core
My broken soul
Can't be alive and whole
'Til I hear you sing once more

And music, your music
It teases at my ear
I turn and it fades away
And you're not here
Let hopes pass
Let dreams pass
Let them die
Without you, what are they for?
I'll always feel
No more than halfway real
'Til I hear you sing once more

By the way, I am a big fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber and his work The Phantom of the Opera.  I have been wanting so much to watch one but always didn't get the chance.  The closest was when they came to Singapore but the ticket price was too pricey like SGD300++.  

When I heard that they were going to Guangzhou in Sept / Oct 2015, I was ecstatic.  I was looking forward to watching it and the ticket price was more reasonable and within my budget.  So I thought, might as well follow my husband back to his hometown and then get the chance to watch.

But...I was 21 weeks pregnant.  I checked and I can actually travel since I am still in my second trimester and not that big and heavy yet.  It's just the circumstances are such that it's better for me to stay put in Malaysia.  Not that I have any complications or what (touch wood).  

It's just that I need to walk a lot of I go.  And walking a lot is not working out so well for me.  And sitting in the plane for 4 hours is also not a great idea.  My legs would ache for days and sometimes swollen.  The other day, just by sending husband to the airport via Aerobus, just that sitting 1 hour to and fro, my ankles were swollen for days.  It's just me.  I know many pregnant women who travel a lot by air and all that.

It's also the condition back in Guangzhou and his family.  So, I have decided to scrape of this idea and just be in Malaysia.  Sigh.  

But when I thought about it, I have seen The Phantom of the Opera on YouTube, the 25th anniversary one and it's enough.  I just thought I wanted more, but then I think I have enough.  

Maybe if The Prince of Broadway is anywhere near to Malaysia, I will probably just jump on.  I don't know.  I just like medleys now.  Not the full thing.  But for The Phantom of the Opera, I loved all the songs.

Hopefully one day with baby.  To share this love of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department