Funny

Every morning, I get a special parking allocation for pregnant woman.  But every morning, the guards are different.  So every morning, I have to tell them that I got special permission to park there.

Today was one of those funny day.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  As I drove into the parking lot, a guard was looking at me.  So, I asked him, yes?  He said, you want to park here?  I said, yes, I got permission to park here.  Then he said this, "You cacat ke?"

He didn't say it in a bad or negative way.  The parking that was allocated to me was disabled parking.  And I didn't have a disabled sticker on my windscreen, so naturally he would asked.  But it came out so funny to me.  Pregnancy is not the same as disabled.  But we get disabled parking so that we don't have to walk that far.

Then at my office, our despatch came and I have to tell him to do collect something for me.  Although I have seen him many times during the year, he only just noticed my bulging tummy.  He said, since when you became like this?  

Honestly speaking, I do not know how a 8 month pregnant woman should look like.  Like how big her stomach should be or what.  But according to many people, I looked quite small for a 8 month.  Some thought that I am due few more months and was shocked when I said it's next month.

From the beginning of pregnancy until now, I have only gained 8kg.  I expect I will be 10kg by the time I give birth.  No, I didn't purposely starved myself or kept myself on a strict diet.  I don't even have cravings.  I ate everything there's there.  I ate ice cream and cream and fatty stuff.  But I didn't have much appetite to eat a lot though.  No such thing as eating for two.  I ate even lesser than before I was pregnant.  At first DH was worried about baby's growth.  But baby is growing fine.  It's just mommy who is not growing much.

So I was a little surprised when some people said they gained 15-20kg.  And then have a difficult time losing it.  Seriously, I didn't purposely kept a weight watch.  I know some pregnant women has many cravings.  My colleague could eat a loaf of bread every single day.  Some have to have midnight snacks.  

I guess this is probably good for me because my feet can't take too much weight.  Neither can my knees.  And I am petite in size.  If I am round and short, I would look like a ball, no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department