Hello December!

Now I can safely tell the world that I am due end of next month.  Sound so quick right?  

I am excited.  Very.  But at the same time, anxious and nervous.  So many what-ifs run in my mind.

Last week, I was stuck in a very bad non-moving traffic jam from my work place back home.  It was 2 hours.  Very miserable, have to hold my pee and hungry.  My legs were so achy and tired.  So, I have came up with a few what-ifs?

Many things are unpredictable.  Like no one knows for sure when my labour would start or when my water would break or when my contractions would begin.  The best of course is if it happen at home and I can get ready and be driven to the hospital.  But...

1. What if I start to have contraction during traffic jam?
My workplace is very near to the hospital.  But can't say the same about my home.  So, if (touch wood), contraction starts while I am still at work, I can still drive to the hospital, get the valet to park my car and check myself in.  It's just 5 minutes drive.  But if I am on my way home and get stuck in the jam and can neither go home nor the hospital, oh dear me.  That means I have to tahan and tahan and tahan.  Same thing for water breaking. Just make sure your hospital bag and all the documentations are in your hands.

I have heard though that once your contraction starts, it's like very far apart.  You still have time to go and take a bath and get ready.  But 2 hours jam??  Sigh.  So now I make it a point to leave my office at 5.30pm sharp.  

2. What if my water broke at midnight, when everyone is sleeping?
This is not as bad.  I just need to wake everyone up and rush me to the hospital.

3. What if my water broke during traffic jam?
This is something that crossed my mind but I really have no idea what to do with it.  All I can do is to ensure I have a towel in the car and I guess that's about it.  And probably make a u-turn to the hospital instead of heading home.

These are the few worst-case scenarios that I can think of.  Although this is my first baby, I remembered very well after the first miscarriage that I had contraction.  It was painful but bearable.  I still manage to walk 10 minutes to the nearest clinic to get a morphine jab.  It's just that for every contraction, I have to stop and let it pass.  The contractions were about 2 minutes apart.  Even then, my cervix was tightly closed.  Hope it's different now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department