Little things in life

So, I was pretty down the last few days but it's getting better now.  Since Christmas eve is the day that both of us are off, I thought we should really do something nice together, like a date.

No shopping for baby things.  No talking about baby stuff.  Just spend time together, just the 2 of us.  We won't have much chance later once baby is out.

Many options came up and we both thought it would be nice to catch a movie.  It's been ages since we watch one together.

Movie date
On normal days when I am not pregnant, I can't sit with my legs down on cinema chairs.  Because I have short legs, it hurts my knees after some time.  I have always sat cross-legged on those standard seats.

Now that I am 8 months pregnant, I don't think I can sit cross-legged on those seats anymore.  Moreover, I am now quite big.  Then found that many cinemas now have 5-star kind of seat.  Check it out on this website.

In the end, I narrowed down to 2 kinds.  GSC with their Gold Class seats and TGV with their Beanie seats.

Then after discussing with my sister, found that I won't be able to get up from a Beanie.  So Gold Class may be a better choice with their reclining seats.

Unfortunately, at this point of time, the Star Wars fever is high.  All the nice cinemas are booked for Star Wars movie and none for the others.  I am not a Star Wars fan.  I thought of watching Peanuts instead.  He said then let's go and watch Star Wars, eventhough he is not a fan.  But the tickets were sold from a month ago, I heard.  Anyway, I am truly not a Star Wars fan.  Have never followed the movie and do not know the characters.

So, in the end, movie date is out.  Sob sob.

Massage date
Since movie date was out, I thought I should get myself some pampering before baby is out.  Check out a few prenatal massages spa and thought both of us should go for couple massage together.

Since he has been my 'personal maid' from the time I was pregnant until now, I thought I should reward him with some relaxation.  

But he didn't like the idea.  He would rather spend the money on food.  Sigh.  So massage date is out.  
Oh well, probably better for our pockets as we are really tight this month.

Conclusion
In the end, this was our conversation.  Since we got vacant possession of our new apartment 2 weeks ago, he thought it would be nice to go there instead.  Here's how our conversation went.

Me: So how now?  Go to our new place instead?
H: Not a bad idea though.  Go for a swim there.  Try out the gym.
M: But there's nothing in our apartment.  And it's dusty.  Although there's water and electricity, there's no light bulbs and shower head.  Cannot even shower.
H: There's shower place near the swimming pool.  Can shower there.
M: And there's no tables or chairs in our apartment.  Where are we going to sit?
H: Just lay a mat on the floor and have a picnic there.
M: It's so dusty!!!

See, I am not keen to go.  Not 8 months pregnant and sit on the mat on a dusty floor.  Getting up may be difficult.  But that's probably a nicer place to spend a quiet time, just the 2 of us together.  But he would probably go for a swim and gym while I just sit and watch.  Oh well, let's see.

Then towards the end of day of this conversation, I had a late shower and washed my hair.  It was already 11pm.  I told him to come and massage oil on my tummy and massage my feet (you know the daily routine) while I dry my hair with the hair dryer.  And here's the conversation:

Me: OK, since it's late, to save time, come and do the oil massage and the feet massage while I dry my hair.
H: No, cannot do like that.
M: Why not?  I will take at least half an hour to dry my hair.  Then we can sleep.
H: No, must lie down and do.
M: Why?
H: That's the whole purpose of massages.  To relax and enjoy.  Not like this.

Awwww.....how sweet was that?  He refused to get a massage paid for even though he knows it's relaxing but would massage for me for free.  

I am still not sure where or what we are going to do on Christmas eve.  Worse come to worse, just buy a nice popcorn and watch something on YouTube.

So I should be grateful that I have a nice, understanding husband who washes my feet and give me daily reflexology.  In fact, only last night he told me that he does 108 strokes on each of my foot because he read somewhere that it helps with blood flow or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department